Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flying SAS with in-cabin pets? Carrier size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• admin
    replied
    Re: Flying SAS with in-cabin pets? Carrier size?

Molly1234 - contact SAS and inquire as to the type of aircraft that flies your route and how much space is under the seat for the window seats. (they generally have the most room under the seat).
    Phil

Leave a comment:

• molly1234
    started a topic Flying SAS with in-cabin pets? Carrier size?

Flying SAS with in-cabin pets? Carrier size?

Hi all - I am bringing my 11lb Bichon and 9lb cat to Paris from the US, and looking at a flight with SAS (via Copenhagen). The official SAS policy for in-cabin pets is a 40 x 25 x 23 cm/16 x 10 x 9" carrier. This is a couple inches on almost all dimensions smaller than my current pet carriers, which are soft-sided and I have used to bring my pets on several domestic flights within the United States. Does anyone have experience flying SAS with their pets in-cabin? And if yes, is there flexibility on the dimensions of pet carriers if the carrier is soft-sided? I know most domestic airlines seem to be fairly flexible, but this is my first time flying with SAS, and internationally, and don't want to show up with our current carriers only to be turned away! When we called the customer service representative told us it was a hard rule, but I'm not sure if that's just company policy to state... Thanks very much for your help!
Working...
X