Travel Tips brought to you by PetTravel.com
- Traveling with your pet? You need to scan (or have your vet
scan) your pet's microchip to be sure it is functioning
correctly. Also, make sure you confirm your contact information
at PetLink.net is current and add local contacts in the event
that you are not accessible during your travels.
- Always make sure your pet's collar and identification is in
good shape and up to date.
- When traveling, use a temporary collar tag with your cell
phone written or engraved on it.
- Bring along a picture of you with your pet. Not only will it
help with identifying your pet, but it will solidify ownership
of your pet.
- Be very familiar with import requirements if you are
crossing a country's border.
- If possible, fly during the fall or spring when temperatures
are not extreme. Also, try to avoid holiday traffic. Keep your
pet on the same airline and try to get nonstop flights.
- Acclimate your pet to its carrier or crate as far in advance
as possible. Keep it open and accessible at home and encourage
your pet to use it.
- Groom your pet prior to travel. A clean pet is more
comfortable and more pleasant for everyone.
- Plan to consult your vet if you have a nervous or hyper pet. There are many good all natural pet relaxers
available that are effective in dealing with these problems.
- Keep your pet away from other travelers. If in a carrier,
keep the privacy flaps closed when in the airport. If traveling
by car, navigate to pet areas for a rest stop. Keep your pet as
calm as possible. Don't forget
to pick up after your pet.
Here's some additional
information that you may find helpful when traveling with pets
DO YOU PLAN TO TRAVEL WITH YOUR PET BY AIR?
DO YOU PLAN TO TRAVEL WITH YOUR PET BY GROUND?
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
We have been assisting pet
travelers for 14 years with information and products essential for
traveling with a pet around the corner or around the world.
For products specially selected for traveling pets and their owners, visit our Pet Travel Store.
Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
call us toll free at 877 241-0184 if we have not addressed your needs