Pet Passport Taiwan
Regulations for taking a pet dog or cat to Taiwan
Pets entering Taiwan from the countries of Japan, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Sweden, Iceland New Zealand, japan, Norway (excluding Svalbard), Hawaii, Guam and Singapore
- Your pet must be microchipped with a 15 digit ISO pet microchip. If your pet's microchip is not ISO 11784 compliant, you can bring your own microchip scanner.
- Your pet must have proof of rabies vaccination at a minimum of 90 days old, and the period between the day of vaccination and the day of shipment shall be no less than 30 days and no more than one year.
- You will need to apply for an Import Permit from Hsinchu Branch or Kaohsiung Airport Inspection Station of Kaohsiung Branch at least 20 days prior to shipment.
- A USDA (or CFIA) accredited veterinarian must then complete a Veterinary Certificate for Taiwan for endorsement by the USDA or CFIA if traveling from the United States or Canada. If you are not traveling from either of these countries, the Governing Authority of your country responsible for the import and export of animals should endorse the forms. The original of this document must be available at the port of entry.
- The rabies vaccination certificate shall be in Chinese, English or bilingual and should be included for endorsement.
Pets arriving from all other rabies-controlled countries not listed above:
- All requirements listed above apply except the timing of the rabies vaccination. Your pet must be vaccinated between 6 months and one year prior to travel. In the case of a booster vaccination, the animal shall have been vaccinated no more than one year prior to shipment.
- A Blood Titer Test is also required at least 180 days but not more than 1 year prior to travel.
Your pet must come from an area where animal diseases are under control. They are found to be healthy, free from signs of any infectious and contagious diseases at the time of export and fit to travel.
Dogs and cats from mainland China (excluding Hong Kong and Macao) are prohibited from entering Taiwan unless they are returning to the country after originating there. Special regulations are required for these pets. Pets from Bangladesh cannot transit or enter Taiwan.
According to regulations of Statute for Prevention and Control of Infectious Animal Disease, all animals transiting the international airport in Taiwan shall be subject to quarantine.
Whenever you travel to a foreign country like Taiwan, it is always advisable to carry some form of identification indicating ownership of your pet.
Failure to comply with these regulations will mean that your pet will be refused entry or returned to the country of origin or placed in quarantine, all at the expense of the person responsible for your pet.
Inspection: All domestic dogs and cats must be free of evidence of disease
communicable to humans when examined at the port of entry to
Taiwan. If your dog or cat is not in apparent good health, further examination by a
licensed veterinarian may be required at your expense.
Other Animals: Birds, invertebrates, tropical fish, reptiles, amphibia, mammals such as rodents and rabbits are not subject to requirements of rabies vaccination, but may have to meet other requirements and should have a health certificate to enter Taiwan. Pet owners are strongly advised to seek further information from the relevant authority of their country and/or that of the country of destination.
If your pet is not a dog, cat or ferret, and especially if it is a
turtle or parrot, you should verify that
it is not protected under the
Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna
and Flora (CITIES). You will need to apply for additional permits
if this is the case. Search their database.
Over 180 countries participate and enforce CITIES regulations. Read more about CITIES.
Veterinary Certificate: All countries have unique veterinary certificates. This form may differ from the veterinary certificate issued by veterinarians in the United States. (APHIS 7001) It is an essential part of the cat or dog passport.
The information published here is a guideline for pet owners importing their pet to Taiwan. Further detail on import permits (if applicable), costs, tests and procedures are available at minimal cost at PetTravelStore.com if you need them. We also stock all the equipment and accessories you will need for traveling with your pet. Same day shipping until 4:00 PM EST.GOT QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS??? You can post them directly to our Facebook page, blog, forum or just enter them below. We will respond as soon as we can.