Pet Passport Tahiti
Regulations for taking a pet dog or cat to Tahiti
For dogs and cats which have continuously resided in the following countries from birth or no less than 6 months, the following requirements apply:
Countries: Australia, Cyprus, Hawaii, Micronesia, Guam, Christmas Island, Cocos Islands, Cook Islands, Fiji Islands, Norfolk Island, Solomon Islands, Eire, Iceland, Japan, Firibati, Nauru, Niue, Norway (not including Svalbard Island), New Caledonia, New Zealand, French Polynesia, Papua New Guinea, Malta, United Kingdom, Tonga, American Samoa, Western Samoa, Singapore, Sweden, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futuna.
- Import Permit
- Proof of Distemper, Hapatitis, Parvovirus and Leptospirosis vaccinations (dogs)
- Proof of Feline Panieucopenia, Calicivirus and Rhinotracheitis vaccinations (cats)
- Veterinary Health certificate issued within 3 days of departure.
- External and Internal Parasite Treatment issued 4 and 14 days of departure respectively.
- Proof of heartworm treatment (if your pet is transiting New Zealand)
- Your pet must travel in an officially sealed crate.
Countries: Aruba, Bahamas, Bahrain, Belgium, Bermuda, Brunei, Canada, Cape Discovery, Cayman Islands, Denmark, Spain, Arab Emirates, United States, France, Finland, Greece, Hong Kong, Israel, Italy, Luxembourg, Isle Mauritius, Malaysia, Pays-Bs, Portugal, Qatar, Shaba, Sarawak, The Seychelles, Switzerland, Taiwan, Virgin Islands.
- Import Permit
- 15 digit ISO compliant pet microchip
- Rabies Vaccination Certificate - your pet must have been vaccinated after the microchip was inserted.
- Results of Blood Titer Test administered no less than 30 days after rabies vaccination and no less than 90 days prior to entry.
- Your pet must be accompanied by the official French Polynesian Authorization and the government endorsed (USDA if traveling from the United States and CFIA if traveling from Canada) Health Certificate for Tahiti and the rabies vaccination certificate.
- Certificate by a licensed veterinarian that the dog or cat stayed more than 6 months prior to quarantine in a country listed below.
- Certificate from quarantine station that the booking is effective and respects the 3 months delay after rabies and Blood Titer Test.
Your pet must be shipped directly to Tahiti in an IATA compliant
container. Your pet may not transit in a non-rabies free country.
QUARANTINE - There are no quarantine facilities in Tahiti, so pets must undergo 30 days of quarantine in one of the following countries prior to entering Tahiti:
- New Zealand
Whenever you travel to a foreign country like Tahiti, it is always advisable to carry some form of identification indicating ownership of your pet.
Failure to comply with these regulations will mean that your pet will be refused entry or returned to the country of origin or placed in quarantine, all at the expense of the person responsible for your pet.
Inspection: All domestic dogs and cats must be free of evidence of disease
communicable to humans when examined at the port of entry to
Tahiti. If your dog or cat is not in apparent good health, further examination by a
licensed veterinarian may be required at your expense.
Other Animals: Birds, invertebrates, tropical fish, reptiles, amphibia, mammals such as rodents and rabbits are not subject to requirements of rabies vaccination, but may have to meet other requirements and should have a health certificate to enter Tahiti. Pet owners are strongly advised to seek further information from the relevant authority of their country and/or that of the country of destination.
Veterinary Certificate: All countries have unique veterinary certificates. This form may differ from the veterinary certificate issued by veterinarians in the United States. (APHIS 7001) It is an essential part of the cat or dog passport.
Need equipment for traveling with your pet? Find it all at PetTravelStore.comGOT QUESTIONS??? Please post to our blog or forum.
GOT COMMENTS??? Please enter them below. Your experiences will provide help for us all!!