Tweet Pet Travel Pet Travel Forum Pet Travel Blog Pet Travel on Facebook


Pet Travel Blog

Pet Passport
Have a question or concern? Reach out to others who have taken your journey with their pet for advice. Just gone to a fabulous place with your pet? Let us all know about it.

To the best of our ability, we ensure that recommendations given on reflect the current regulations. We cannot predict how a given country may enforce these regulations. Noncompliance may result in the need to make arrangements to put the pet into quarantine, return the pet to the country of origin, or destroy the pet. We suggest that you minimize the disruptions that may occur by following the rules of the country you are visiting.

Home > Pet Passports > Poland

Pet Passport Poland

Dog Passport Poland

European Union (EU) Regulations for taking a pet dog, cat or ferret to Poland from within the EU, from rabies free countries or from a country with a low incidence of rabies.

Poland does not quarantine healthy pets (cats, dogs and ferrets) from the above countries having resided there for the preceeding six (6) months that meet the following requirements in this order:

  1.  ISO 11784/11785 compliant 15 digit pet microchip. If your pet's microchip is not ISO 11784/11785 compliant, you can bring your own microchip scanner.
  2. Rabies vaccination no sooner than 21 days* prior to entry and not more than the expiration date of the manufacturer of the vaccine. If your dog, cat or ferret has been vaccinated before it was fitted with a microchip, it will have to be vaccinated again after the microchip is iimplanted.
  3. For pets entering Poland from a country with a high incidence of rabies, a Blood Titer Test administered no sooner than one month after rabies vaccination. (Have your veterinarian scan your pet's microchip prior to the titer test.) Samples must be processed at approved laboratories. Assuming test results within acceptable limits, your pet can enter Poland 90 days after the date the blood was drawn and avoid quarantine. This step is not required unless entering Poland from a high rabies country.
  4. Within 10 days of travel, an accredited veterinarian must then complete the bi-lingual Annex II for Poland for endorsement by the USDA or CFIA if traveling from the United States or Canada. If you are not traveling from either of these countries, endorsement is not required unless it is mandated by your country.
  5. A copy of the Rabies Certificate and Blood Titer Test results should also be included for endorsement (if applicable).

This completes a pet passport for your dog, cat or ferret to enter Poland.

Dog Passport Sweden

*After the first vaccination and waiting period, you can enter Poland whenever you like as long as booster vaccinations are given on time and you continue to meet the other entry requirements.

Puppies and Kittens: unvaccinated pets younger than 3 months are not permitted to enter Poland.

When entering Poland for commercial purposes such as breeding or sale, pets require additional forms and different rules apply.

Failure to comply with these regulations will mean that your pet will be refused entry or returned to the country of origin or placed in quarantine, all at the expense of the person responsible for your pet.

Inspection: All domestic dogs and cats must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the port of entry to Poland. If your dog or cat is not in apparent good health, further examination by a licensed veterinarian may be required at your expense.

Other Animals: Birds, invertebrates, tropical fish, reptiles, amphibia, mammals such as rodents and rabbits are not subject to requirements of rabies vaccination, but may have to meet other requirements and should have a health certificate to enter Poland. Pet owners are strongly advised to seek further information from the relevant authority of their country and/or that of the country of destination.

If your pet is not a dog, cat or ferret, and especially if it is a turtle or parrot, you should verify that it is not protected under the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITIES).  You will need to apply for additional permits if this is the case. Search their database. Over 180 countries participate and enforce CITIES regulations. Read more about CITIES.

Veterinary Certificate: All countries have unique veterinary certificates. This form may differ from the veterinary certificate issued by veterinarians in the United States. (APHIS 7001) It is an essential part of the cat or dog passport.

Need equipment for traveling with your pet? Find it all at

Need a pet friendly hotel in Poland?

GOT QUESTIONS??? Please post to our blog or forum.
GOT COMMENTS??? Please enter them below. Your experiences will provide help for us all!!

How to transfer my cat form Philippines to Poland? Which airlines taking a animals??
Posted on 2014-07-16 07:04:03.0
Paulina - The EU considers the Philippines as a high-rabies country so you will need to microchip your pet, vaccinate for rabies (in that order), then wait 30 days, then your vet will do a Blood Titer Test, then you wait 90 days and if the results are acceptable, you can enter Poland with your pet. You will need an Annex II form for Poland completed by your veterinarian within 10 days of travel. You can find details here with links to forms and instructions if you need them:
Posted on 2014-07-19 21:46:29.0
what's the exact rule about the 21 days? you've put an asterisk but nothing further... my puppy got her rabies and final shots yesterday and we planned on going to Poland next weekend. We're traveling from USA to Poland through Zurich :(
Posted on 2014-07-21 03:40:22.0
hi Chris - the asterick is marked right after the blue button in the middle of the page. If you have gone through the process of entering the EU anytime before and the rabies vaccinations have been kept current, then you do not have to do the 21 day wait again. Also keep in mind that the day your vet microchips and vaccinates your pet counts as day 0. Do not include in the 21 day wait period. Remember that your pet must be vaccinated once AFTER a microchip is implanted. (you do not mention your pet having an ISO compliant microchip)
Posted on 2014-07-25 14:40:58.0