Pet Passport Bermuda
Regulations for taking a pet dog or cat to Bermuda
Bermuda does not quarantine healthy pets who meet the following requirements:
- Import Permit issued by the Bermuda Department of Agriculture & Fisheries. Without this permit, the pet will be denied entry, as there are no quarantine facilities in Bermuda.
- ISO 11784/11785 compliant 15 digit pet microchip. If your pet's microchip is not ISO 11784/11785 compliant, you can bring your own microchip scanner.
- Pets must be at least 10 months old unless they are arriving from the United Kingdom, New Zealand, Jamaica or Australia.
- Two vaccinations for rabies, one after the age of 3 months and the other between 6 and 12 months of the first vaccination. The latest vaccination must be given to your pet not less than 30 days prior and not more than 12 months prior to your arrival in Bermuda. Rabies vaccinations are not required if the pet is arriving from the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand or Jamaica.
- You must file the application for permit not less than 10 days prior to arrival and the Veterinary Health Certificate for Bermuda must have been issued within 10 days prior to arrival.
- We suggest that you fax the application (completed veterinary certificate) to assure speedy delivery. A permit will be faxed back to you with 2 to 3 working days.
- Unaccompanied pets traveling as manifest cargo will need a health certificate issued within 10 days of travel. Your airlines may also require a health certificate even if your pet is traveling with you in the cabin or as checked baggage.
Failure to comply with these regulations will mean that your pet will be refused entry or returned to the country of origin or placed in quarantine, all at the expense of the person responsible for your pet.
Inspection: All domestic dogs and cats must be free of evidence of disease
communicable to humans when examined at the port of entry to
Bermuda. If your dog or cat is not in apparent good health, further examination by a
licensed veterinarian may be required at your expense.
Breed Restrictions: the following breeds are not permitted: American Pit Bull Terrier, Akita, American Bulldog, Australian Cattle Dog, American Staffordshire Terrier, Belgian Malinois, Argentine Mastiff (Dogo Argentino), Bouvier Des Flandres, Boerboel Bull Terrier, Brazilian Mastiff (Fila) Bullmastiff, Cane Corso, Chow Chow, Presa Canario, Doberman Pinscher, Neapolitan Mastiff, Dogue De Bordeaux, Tosa Inu, German Shepherd, Wolf Mastiff ï¿½ English, Wolf Hybrid, Rhodesian Ridgeback, and Any Cross of the above, Rottweiler, Staffordshire Bull Terrier or Any Cross of the above.
Other Animals: Birds, invertebrates, tropical fish, reptiles, amphibia, mammals such as rodents and rabbits are not subject to requirements of rabies vaccination, but may have to meet other requirements and should have a health certificate to enter Bermuda. Pet owners are strongly advised to seek further information from the relevant authority of their country and/or that of the country of destination.
Veterinary Certificate: All countries have unique veterinary certificates. This form may differ from the veterinary certificate issued by veterinarians in the United States. (APHIS 7001) It is an essential part of the cat or dog passport.
Need equipment for traveling with your pet to Bermuda? Find it all at PetTravelStore.com.
Need a pet friendly hotel in Bermuda?GOT QUESTIONS??? Please post to our blog or forum.
GOT COMMENTS??? Please enter them below. Your experiences will provide help for us all!!