Tweet Pet Travel Pet Travel Forum Pet Travel Blog Pet Travel on Facebook


Pet Travel Blog

Dog Transport USA
Have questions or comments on USA pet immigration? Have you transported a pet to the USA recently? Share your experience!

To the best of our ability, we ensure that recommendations given on reflect the current regulations. We cannot predict how a given country may enforce these regulations. Noncompliance may result in the need to make arrangements to put the pet into quarantine, return the pet to the country of origin, or destroy the pet. We suggest that you minimize the disruptions that may occur by following the rules of the country you are visiting.

Home > Pet Passports > United States

Pet Immigration - United States (except Hawaii)

Dog Passport United States

Regulations for taking a pet dog or cat to the United States (not including Hawaii - see regulations for taking a pet to Hawaii)

United States does not quarantine healthy pets who meet the following requirements:

This completes a pet passport for your dog or cat to enter the United States.

All domestic dogs and cats must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the port of entry. If the animal is not in apparent good health, further examination by a licensed veterinarian may be required at the owner's expense.

Failure to comply with these regulations will mean that your pet will be refused entry or returned to the country of origin or placed in quarantine, all at the expense of the person responsible for your pet.

Puppies: Unvaccinated puppies entering the United States with their owner and are not intended for resale or rehoming are permitted entry to the US if they are pre-approved for home confinement by the Center for Disease Control.

If a puppy, including hybrid cross, is intended for resale** or rehoming in the United States, the movement is considered commercial, then the minimum age for a puppy to enter the country would be 6 months of age regardless of the originating country. This includes puppies being imported from Puerto Rico and all US territories.  An exception would be puppies being imported for veterinary treatment that is unavailable in the originating country or puppies being used for research purposes. Puppies will also be required to have all DHLPP shots and an import permit prior to entering. This requirement will go into effect on November 17, 2014.

**Puppies imported for resale are those which are imported for sale in wholesale or retail channels or adoption, in which any transfer of ownersuip or control of the puppy to another person for more than "de minimis" (insignificant) consideration.

The rabies vaccination requirement does not apply to dogs residing in the following countries  for at least six months prior to transport. Once arriving in the US, these dogs are subject to State and Local ordinances.

Countries considered by the US as rabies free: Albania, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Austria, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Bermuda, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Cook Islands, Corsica, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominica, Fiji, Finland, France, French Polynesia, Gibraltar, Guadeloupe, Guam, Germany, Hawaii, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Jamaica, Japan, Kiribati, Kuwait, Lichtenstein, Luxembourg Malaysia (Sabah only), Martinique, Mauritius, Micronesia, Miquelon, Monaco, Montserrat, Netherland Antilles, Netherlands, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Northern Mariana Islands, Norway (except Svalbard), Palau, Papua New Guinea, Portugal, Qatar, Réunion, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, São Tomé and Príncipe, Saint Pierre, Samoa, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain (except Ceuta and Melilla), Sweden, Switzerland, Turks and Caicos, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Vanuatu, Virgin Islands (US and British)

Pet Passport United States

Returning to the US: Pets transported out of the United States and returned are subject to the same passport requirements as those entering for the first time. This means that residents returning to the United States might need to get a Certificate of Health from a vet in the country you are visiting if you stay for more than 30 days.  

Hawaii & Guam: Dogs and Cats arriving in Hawaii or Guam, both countries which are free of rabies, are subject to that state's/ territory's quarantine requirements, and the passport information here does NOT apply.

Countries that the United States considers are infested with screwworm: Angola, Argentina, Bhrain, Bangladesh, Benin, Bolivia, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, China, Colombia, Congo, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Equatorial Guinea, French Guinea, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Easter Island (Isla de Pascua), Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Kenya, Kuwait, Laos, Lesotho, Liberia, Macau, Malawi, Malaysia, Maui, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nigeria, Oman, Pacific Islands, Papua New Guinea, Paraacel Islands, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Qatar, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Singapore, South Africa, Spratly Islands, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Swaziland, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zaire, Zambia and Zimbabwe.

Birds: Birds will be quarantined upon arrival for 30 days. Until further notice, the USDA bans the importation of all live avian species from Afghanistan, Albania, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cambodia, Djibouti, Egypt, Ghana, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Ivory Coast (Côte d'Ivoire), Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, People's Republic of China, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, South Sudan, Sudan, Thailand, Togo, Turkey, Ukraine and Vietnam.

Other Animals: (birds, invertebrates, tropical fish, reptiles, amphibia, mammals such as rodents and rabbits) are not subject to requirements of rabies vaccination, but may have to meet other requirements and should have a health certificate to enter the United States. Pet owners are strongly advised to seek further information from the relevant authority of their country and/or that of the country of destination.

If your pet is not a dog, cat or ferret, and especially if it is a turtle or parrot, you should verify that it is not protected under the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITIES).  You will need to apply for additional permits if this is the case. Search their database. Over 180 countries participate and enforce CITIES regulations. Read more about CITIES.

Veterinary Certificate: All countries have unique veterinary certificates. This form may differ from the veterinary certificate issued by veterinarians in the United States. (APHIS 7001) It is an essential part of the cat or dog passport.

Pet Microchip: Although the United States does not require an ISO pet microchip, we strongly suggest microchipping your pet prior to traveling.

Additional Pet Transport Information

Why is a pet passport important for transporting a pet to the United States?
Am I transporting my dog or cat to the United States from a rabies free country?
Great Tips for Transporting a Pet by Air to the United States

Need equipment for traveling with your pet? Find it all at

Need a pet friendly hotel in the United States?

The information published here is a guideline for pet owners importing their pet to the United States. Further detail on import permits (if applicable), costs, tests and procedures are available at minimal cost at if you need them. We also stock all the equipment and accessories you will need for traveling with your pet. Same day shipping until 4:00 PM EST.

GOT QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS??? You can post them directly to our Facebook page, blog, forum or just enter them below. We will respond as soon as we can.

Hello! We want to travel from the United Arab Emirates to the United States with 2 dogs. Do we need any paper issued IN the US?
Posted on 2013-06-03 10:45:43.0
And could you please tell me the nearest USDA authorized office to Los Angeles? In order to get the endorsed health certificate? THX!
Posted on 2013-06-03 16:39:51.0
hellow I cant seem to find out if Peru is a rabies free country can you help.
Posted on 2013-06-09 23:49:58.0
so what will I need in order to cross a blue pitbull into the united states from mexico? and by the way I'm driving back home, to minnesota! this dog is amazing and I want to bring it back so bad. its 4 months old.
Posted on 2013-06-20 04:53:21.0

I want to bring my peregrine falcon from Moscow to Boston what do I need exactly?
Posted on 2013-07-07 11:55:42.0
I am bringing an original USA dog, back to the USA from Brazil. She will have been down there 12 months. What do I need exactly?
Posted on 2013-07-15 17:33:10.0

Find the country classifications here:
Posted on 2013-07-17 02:42:19.0

You can find the USDA State Veterinarian offices here:
Posted on 2013-07-17 02:43:20.0

Your pet must be vaccinated for rabies at least 21 days prior to entry to the US otherwise it will be subject to home quarantine.
Posted on 2013-07-17 02:44:28.0

She must have a rabies vaccination at least 21 days prior to entry and must have a health certificate issued by a licensed veterinarian.
Posted on 2013-07-17 02:45:42.0

To enter the US with your pets, you will need proof of rabies vaccination at least 21 days prior to entry and health certificates issued by licensed veterinarians.
Posted on 2013-07-17 02:48:24.0

You can find what you need here:
Posted on 2013-07-17 12:03:12.0
I will be going to the united states with my two dogs for two days, I have registration papers (tags) and rabies vaccinations (done two months ago) I have all their other shots done as well, am I missing anything?
Posted on 2013-07-20 20:39:29.0
You will need proof of rabies vaccination and a recent certificate of good health. That's it! Have a good trip!
Posted on 2013-08-02 18:30:42.0
You will need to have your cat vaccinated for rabies at least 21 days prior to entering the US. If this is not possible, then you will need a home quarantine form. Also, if you do not have a recently stamped blue pet passport, have your veterinarian issue a certificate of good health. If you need additional info, you can find it here:
Posted on 2013-08-02 18:33:07.0
I have valid Certificate for rabies vaccine issued by Itay Gov't. Will a serologic/blood sample for rabies anti-body be required also to enter US?
Posted on 2013-08-02 22:49:46.0
No titer test required. You will need proof of rabies vaccination at least 21 days prior to entering the US and also a recent certificate of good health.
Posted on 2013-08-05 00:14:00.0
Anybody knows what the following excerpt means: "...Certificate of Health from an international vet if you stay in the foreign country for more than 20-30 days..." In other words, In Brazil for example, who's is this international vet? Big Thanks.
Posted on 2013-08-05 16:21:19.0
It would be the Minister of Agriculture.
Posted on 2013-08-09 04:04:40.0
PetTravel What does recent mean. How many months or days
Posted on 2013-08-13 20:53:26.0
If the USA is not my final destination, but in a connecting flight to Canada, are there any specific requirements? Will there be quarantine?
Posted on 2013-08-16 23:17:40.0
No quarantine required to enter or transit the US. Keep the layover less than 2 hours if possible if your pet is traveling as checked baggage or cargo. If it is traveling in the cabin, go to your next gate without clearing customs. Your pet will need a current rabies vaccination and health certificate to enter Canada.
Posted on 2013-08-21 04:29:59.0
If I want to bring my USA based dog on a road trip with me through Canada and back again would I need to get her re-vaccinated for Rabies while in Canada?
Posted on 2013-09-06 18:50:30.0
Ciara - no, you would not be required to re-vaccinate your pet when re-entering the US. However, you will need a veterinary certificate for and proof of rabies vaccination for your trip.
Posted on 2013-09-10 02:38:25.0
I want to take my 2 Yorkshires to United Sates how does it work the have all they injections up to date. If i travel to the united states will my dogs have to stay in the quarantine for a period will it be possible to take them with me if i am leaving the airport. Is there any passport's that dogs have to have to travel to United states. It will be my first time traveling with my dogs there so just want to know what must be done for them to stay with me all the time.
Posted on 2013-09-13 18:39:01.0
We are not familiar with the regulations for bringing wild animals into the US as we normally deal with domesticated animals. I would suggest that you contact the USDA and inquire. Depending on where the wolf is going, you can contact the district office.
Posted on 2013-09-28 19:37:12.0
The United States is pet friendly. Your pets will need current rabies vaccinations and a health certificate to enter. Depending on where you are coming from, a screwworm test may be required.
Posted on 2013-09-28 19:38:32.0
I am moving from the uk to Georgia USA in feb 2014. I am thinking of bringing my rabbits with me. What are the regulations I need to adhere to.
Posted on 2013-10-06 20:10:41.0
Is there a limit to how many pets can travel with you to the U.S.? For example, as one person may I travel with two cats?
Posted on 2013-10-07 08:04:59.0
You will need a certificate of good health issued shortly before travel.
Posted on 2013-10-10 04:08:49.0
It is permissable to bring two cats with you to the US. If you are flying them in the cabin, the airline must permit it. Normally, unless they are very small, only one pet is permitted per passenger.
Posted on 2013-10-10 04:10:21.0
In May 2013 I brought my small dog from the US to the UK and am now returning to the US. She has her puppy passport from when she was brought to the UK nearly 6 months ago, but what will be required with her turn?
Posted on 2013-10-16 23:31:03.0
I am looking into bringing a dog I've been looking after here in Chile to the US. I've gotten her rabies shot, etc. but it will only be 18 days before I head back. What is quarantine like? Are there fees involved? Also, she had been diagnosed with glaucoma and had her eyes removed a few months this going to be an issue?
Posted on 2013-10-21 21:20:02.0
She will need proof of rabies vaccination and a recently issued health certificate to enter the US.
Posted on 2013-10-25 03:35:49.0
As long as your puppy has been vaccinated for rabies at least 21 days prior to entering the US and is traveling with a recently issued health certificate, there is no quarantine to enter the US. If the 21 days have not passed, you need to fill out a home quarantine form. There should be no problem with her health condition, but your veterinarian should note it on the health certificate.
Posted on 2013-10-25 03:39:03.0
Hi, I'm looking to move to Texas with my 3 cats. Will I be allowed to bring all 3 cats with me? Also, they have never travelled so wondering if they would be sedated slightly to ensure they can cope with the long flight? Thanks, Pauline
Posted on 2013-11-04 13:33:21.0
I am working in Mozambique and will return to the US in a few months. I will need to have a connecting flight in South Africa. Do I need to do special paperwork for South Africa AND the US?
Posted on 2013-11-05 21:25:21.0
Welcome back.
Posted on 2013-11-05 22:36:32.0
I thought you guys would not be able to give up the cat.
Posted on 2013-11-06 00:27:20.0
I am moving to San Francisco from Dublin, Ireland. There is not direct flight and may have to go through london, other than that has anyone a cargo company to fly their pet to the usa?
Posted on 2013-11-06 18:38:20.0
If your pet is traveling in the cargo hold (which, from your picture, I would assume so), you are not changing airlines and your layover is around 2 hours or less, you will only transit SA and you should not require paperwork. For the US, you will need proof of rabies vaccination and a health certificate.
Posted on 2013-11-09 01:48:41.0
If you are staying on the same airline, you will need transit papers for London. United flies through Newark which may be an easier route than through LHR. You may also consider Lufthansa which flies through Frankfurt. Both are more reasonable airports to transit than London.
Posted on 2013-11-09 01:52:57.0
You can bring 3 cats into the US as long as they have rabies vaccinations and health certificates. They will need to travel in the hold. Be very careful with sedation. Many airlines will not accept sedated pets. If you can, find an all natural calmer. We have one in our store: We also have some made especially for cats and will be in stock next week: Try to get them used to their crates as soon as you can.
Posted on 2013-11-09 01:57:26.0
I am using Airsea out of Dublin and flying into Boston via Frankfurt likely with Lufthansa as they have a highly specialized pet area in Frankfurt at the airport for pets to stay on layovers
Posted on 2013-11-10 20:16:16.0
Hi, I am traveling with my ferret from Buenos Aires Argentina into Houston Texas USA next month. Please could you tell me what the legal requirements are? thanks!
Posted on 2013-11-18 04:21:48.0
I am in Australia and wish to send a puppy to a person in the USA! What would I need in the way of paperwork?? I am totally lost as to where to start, any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Posted on 2013-11-20 07:55:58.0
You will need to fulfill these requirements to export a pet from Australia: The US is very pet friendly and will require a current rabies vaccination administered at least 21 days prior to import and a recently issued health certificate.
Posted on 2013-11-23 14:22:08.0
I will be travelling with my dog as well as my moms dog in December but my mom will not be with us, is there anything I need other than my moms dogs vaccination certificate?
Posted on 2013-11-23 16:27:57.0
Janet - it depends on where you are traveling from and to. If you are traveling internationally, then you will need a veterinary certificate and other documentation for the destination country. if you are traveling domestically, check with your airline and ask whether they require a health certificate for pets traveling as checked baggage.
Posted on 2013-11-26 05:19:57.0
I will be traveling into Baja CA, Mexico for 5 days. I have currant 3 year rabies vaccination for my German Shepard. I do not do any other vaccinations. Will just rabies shot be enough for her return passport back into the USA. Along with a veterinary certificate?
Posted on 2013-11-27 19:15:15.0
Your pup will need a ticks and tapeworm test performed by your vet within 5 days of entering Mexico. You should have the rest of it covered.
Posted on 2013-11-29 18:22:23.0
hi, I've have tried to call delta and ask about putting my shih Tzu in manifest cargo. but the people who answer my call here in the Philippines have no idea. do i really need a pet passport? can my fiancé scan and just email it to me? does my dog go with me in the same flight? can he go first? also how much the fee?. he is just too big for the in cabin flight. hope to hear from you soon?
Posted on 2013-12-01 19:36:44.0
Christin - Delta should transport your pet as manifest cargo unless the temperatures are a problem. Your dog can fly on the same flight as you which would be the best way. You will have to check with Delta about the cost. You can send them an email to inquire ( Yes, if you are coming to the United States, you will need original health certificate issued within 10 days of travel as well as proof of rabies vaccination administered at least 21 days prior to entry and a screw worm certificate.
Posted on 2013-12-03 02:04:08.0
Hi, I'm living in Buenos Aires, Argentina and am planning on traveling to the States with my mini dachshund in less than two weeks. I have all the required papers filled out (rabies vaccination and health certificate), but they are in Spanish. I was trying to order the pet passport offered here (to have the documents in English) but need it to be emailed to have in in time. Is that possible? Thank you
Posted on 2013-12-04 16:17:27.0
We email all instructions and forms within 12-15 hours of ordering. If ordered between 6AM and 6PM EST, they should arrive within an hour.
Posted on 2013-12-05 04:05:54.0
I am traveling from Kenya to the USA with my dog. Should I bring a copy of the APHIS 7001 form to my vet to fill out?
Posted on 2013-12-13 18:38:09.0
The APHIS 7001 form is a US form and is used by people taking pets out of the United States. If you are traveling from Kenya, a health certificate issued by the State Department of Agriculture of Kenya will suffice. This should be available to your vet.
Posted on 2013-12-17 03:14:24.0
Your ferret should have a current rabies vaccination and a health certificate to enter the US.
Posted on 2013-12-17 03:15:19.0

I will be travelling with two cats from Turkey to the US with a shot layover in Germany. The kittens have been microchipped, have received all of their shots. Passport and certificate are ready to go. I am just trying to figure out if there are any regulations that I need to be aware of for Germany. Does Gemany require to have a blood test for animals not going through customs? Thanks
Posted on 2013-12-18 13:50:11.0
I am moving to Arizona USA from Australia, i want to take my my 2 goldern retrievers and a budgie, what health certificates/vaccinations will they need? Thank you
Posted on 2013-12-21 08:37:51.0
Your pups will need proof of rabies vaccination at least 30 days prior to entry and a health certificate issued by your vet within several weeks of entry. Technically, the vaccination is not required by US customs, but many of the states of the US require it, and so we recommend it.
Posted on 2013-12-21 21:50:40.0
It depends on whether you are changing airlines or if you have a long layover and your airline will require you to claim your pet and re-check it on the next flight. If this is not the case, you are transiting Germany and do not have to conform to its requirements. If you do clear customs with your pet, you will need a titer test no sooner than one month after vaccination (which is done after microchip insertion) and 90 days prior to entering Germany.
Posted on 2013-12-21 21:54:38.0
PetTravel Corrrection: rabies vaccination must be given 30 days prior to entry. If this is not possible, then request a home quarantine form.
Posted on 2013-12-22 21:26:00.0
I am travelling with my 3 year old Shih Tzu from Honduras to Dallas, Texas. Is there anything specific that is required to enter with him through Texas? What are all documents needed for his travel?
Posted on 2013-12-26 21:45:52.0
Hi, I am traveling with my chihuahua from Colima, Mexico. to Tijuana, Mexico. And i'm going to pass the frontier walking (to San Diego) , not in car or airplane. Please could you tell me what the legal requirements are? Thanks!
Posted on 2013-12-29 05:39:52.0
Your Shih Tzu will need to travel with proof of vaccination at least 30 days prior to entry and a recently issued health certficate by a licensed vet. You will want to travel prior to the summer heat as your pup is bracycephalic and some airlines will not transport it during the summer.
Posted on 2013-12-31 04:32:26.0
You should travel with proof of current rabies vaccination and a health certificate in both English and Spanish. If you are re-entering Mexico at an established border point, you will need a ticks and tapeworm test which has to be done shortly prior to entering Mexico.
Posted on 2014-01-01 22:18:38.0
Hi, I would like to bring my two dogs (age 13) to Los Angeles from Lahore. Would you know the documents needed? Also do they need to be microchipped? (I can't find a place to buy microchips in LA). And finally, I am considering flying Emirates. Would anyone have any recommendations as to how they treat dogs in cargo and at Dubai?
Posted on 2014-01-02 23:48:09.0
Saeed - in order to bring your pups to the United States, they will need proof of rabies vaccination at least 30 days prior to entry and a health certificate recently issued by a licensed veterinarian. A microchip is not required for entry. Many vets in the US have microchips and we also carry them in our store, We have not received any bad reports about Emirates, but they are not required to file incidents regarding pets with the Department of Transportation like US based carriers do.
Posted on 2014-01-03 14:47:58.0
thank you!
Posted on 2014-01-03 15:55:59.0
February 2012 my family an my dog went to Mexico city to visit my husband's family. I came back on a bus an had to leave my dog there may of 2014 I want to fly there to bring my dog back home. He was up to date with his vaccinations here in the united states. Please help I'm lonely without my baby...
Posted on 2014-01-07 10:56:11.0
In March, my bf and I are going back home to America from South Korea. While we were in Korea, we adopted a cat. We are planning to take him home with us to America. Is there anything special we need to do besides getting a certificate of health from our vet?
Posted on 2014-01-07 13:39:08.0
Hi, I'm bringing my 2 cats from Dublin to Chicago o'hare, there's so many conflicting opinions on what the minimum requirements are, could you clarify for me?
Posted on 2014-01-07 18:45:15.0
In order to bring your cats from Dublin to the USA, they will need proof of rabies vaccination at least 30 days prior to entering the country and a health certificate completed by your vet shortly prior to travel. That's it! Happy travels.
Posted on 2014-01-08 02:33:22.0
Your kitty will need proof of rabies vaccination at least 30 days prior to entering the USA. Your vet should have a vaccination certificate for him. The health certificate is also required.
Posted on 2014-01-08 02:36:14.0
Your pet will need a vaccination certificate with a rabies shot administered at least 30 days prior to entering the USA and a health certificate issued within 10 days of travel. As your pet will be traveling unaccompanied, you need to contact the cargo department of an airline that serves the entire route. Keep the layover time around 2 hours if there is a stop, but take a direct flight if there is one.
Posted on 2014-01-08 02:48:11.0
The health certificate an vaccination certifate do I get. From my vet here or where would they ( my husbands family in Mexico city nezahualcoytl) need to go...plz help I'm hoping an tax time I can get Toronto my baby home they say she's looking older. :'( an we had a home here in the united states but my husband had to voluntarily had a deportation an went there to wait for his approval for I-130 I waited an tried so hard I stu k it out 4 months not knowing would it would be like..went from my dog sleeping with me having lots of room ton around an nanice.......... N N neighborhood who loved. Her. Biubut in nezahualcoytl Mexico city there home was a big tall building connected to everyone Elsie pretty much ( I'm not from the city at all) an no backyard..not even grass. The dogs there lived on top of the roofs an I was saddened fast my dog wasn't ever use to a leash always stuck by myside but there we had to keep her on leash due to busy traffic an alot of people scared of dogs..I'm guessing because alot on the street are sick with rabies. An I wasn't allowed to sleep with my baby...they told me either the roof for her or the garage .. :'''( I do send them money for her. Just on a tight budget considering NY husband is in Mexico an I'm alone with the two kids.. just wondering how much you think this is going to be. Again please I beg u help me this is all new to me...thank you ... Torin. To
Posted on 2014-01-08 11:01:30.0
You can get a health certificate from your vet but it should be either bi-lingual or in English. If you do need one, you can find one here and it can be emailed to you: I cannot quote you the cost, and I don't know your route, but American Airlines may serve it as they fly to much of this area. Give them the size of your pet and the route and they can tell you the cost. If they do not fly your route, then let me know and I will get you more information.
Posted on 2014-01-09 03:29:08.0
Hi! I'm traveling from Portugal to Miami, FL (May 2014) with my dog. I'm more or less informed about all the vaccination and health certificates needed to enter in the US, but is there any specific concerns to enter Florida state?
Posted on 2014-01-09 18:13:00.0
The USDA does not specifically require rabies vaccination, but leave that up to the states. If your pet has a current rabies vaccination and a health certificate, there should be no further requirements.
Posted on 2014-01-10 15:32:48.0
Where can I get the health certificates for pets traveling to mexico
Posted on 2014-01-11 05:13:08.0
any vet will be able to do the forms necessary for any country.
Posted on 2014-01-11 22:01:19.0
Your vet should have a health certificate that will suffice for Mexico. It is very helpful to have it translated into Spanish. Mexican officials can speak English but many cannot read will need 2 original copies of the health certificate, proof of vaccinations and a ticks and tapeworm test. You can find details here:
Posted on 2014-01-13 02:37:48.0
I am traveling from Houston to France and Spain can you give me the requirement to travel to Europe and back to US with my 10 year old shih zu
Posted on 2014-01-17 22:32:13.0
I am traveling from Houston to France and Spain can you give me the requirement to travel to Europe and back to US with my Shih Tzu...
Posted on 2014-01-17 22:34:50.0
In order to take your Shih Tzu to the EU, you will need to have your pet microchipped wtih a 15 digit ISO compliant microchip, then vaccinated for rabies.Assuming your pet had a current rabies vaccination prior to the insertion, it will not need to wait 21 days prior to entering the EU. If your pet has a microchip already, make sure it has been vaccinated after the chip was inserted and the vaccination has not expired. Within 10 days of entry, a USDA accredited veterinarian will complete the Annex II form for the country you are flying into which will be endorsed by the USDA. As long as you are not spending an extended time in the EU, then you should be fine to return to the US. Over 30 days and we would suggest getting a health certficate from a vet in the EU.
Posted on 2014-01-18 14:46:23.0
I'm traveling from LA to Iran & Armenia with my dog He is 4months and done with his vaccinations
Posted on 2014-01-20 01:41:56.0
As long as your pet was vaccinated at least 30 days prior to the entry date, you should be fine. You can find requirements here: Contact an airline that serves the entire route as airlines do not interline pets. You may want to check with the Iranian Embassy for any embargoes for bringing pets into the country.
Posted on 2014-01-20 15:05:56.0
Hi I'm emigrating from Ireland to the USA New Jersey with my Year Old Dog. Do I need to consider anything else other than the Health Certificate and Rabies imunnizations? Someone was saying it changes State by State in USA.
Posted on 2014-01-20 17:01:42.0
You will need to get your pet microchipped with a 15 digit chip, then vaccinated for rabies (in that order). If your pet did not have a current rabies vaccination at the time of insertion, you will need to wait 21 days before entering the EU. An Annex II form for France or Spain will be completed by a USDA accredited veterinarian and endorsed by your state USDA vet within 10 days of travel.
Posted on 2014-01-23 02:49:15.0
It is actually not the USDA or CDC (Center for Disease Control) that mandates a rabies vaccination, but state regulations do. In order to avoid checks between states, customs will require a rabies certificate and health certificate. That is all you will need entering from Ireland.
Posted on 2014-01-23 02:54:15.0
Hi! I am traveling from Hong Kong to USA (Los Angeles LAX) with my dog, a miniature schnauzer). From my understanding, rabies vaccie proof and health certificate are needed. Any else I should be prepared? Thanks!
Posted on 2014-01-23 06:02:50.0
Thank you for your reply
Posted on 2014-01-23 20:08:37.0
Hi Calvin - proof of rabies vaccination at least 30 days prior to entering the US and health certificate issued shortly prior to travel and you are good to go. Happy travels.
Posted on 2014-01-24 18:19:26.0
I will be traveling with my two cats to Missouri. i already have an EU PETS Passport for them, which is fully up-to-date. Do I need to do additional paperwork/a USA pet passport, or will my EU passport and vets certificates be enough?? If I do need a USA passport, which documents will I need?? Many thanks :)
Posted on 2014-02-01 16:20:25.0
The EU pet passport will be fine as long as it is in English. Your pet should have a checkup several weeks prior to leaving. (Make sure you have rabies vaccination date.) If your pets are traveling as checked baggage or cargo, check with your airline to make sure that the pet passport will suffice.
Posted on 2014-02-02 19:44:45.0
PetTravel Thanks for this. I will let you know how it works out :)
Posted on 2014-02-02 19:58:58.0
You will need proof of rabies vaccination at least 30 days prior to entry and a health certificate issued within several weeks of travel for your dog to enter the US.We are very pet friendly.
Posted on 2014-02-05 02:04:52.0