Pet Passport St Kitts and Nevis
REGULATIONS FOR TAKING A PET DOG OR CAT TO
ST KITTS AND NEVIS
- Pets entering St Kitts and Nevis must be microchipped with the ISO 11784/11785 15 digit pet microchip
- Proof of rabies vaccination at least 30 days but not more than one year of entry
- Unless you are entering St Kitts or Nevis from England, Ireland, or Sweden, have a Blood Titre Test at an approved laboratory 30 days ahead of travel. The results must then be forwarded for approval to The Chief Veterinary Officer who will then issue an Import License for your pet.
- Just prior to travel, a USDA or CFIA licensed veterinarian complete the St Kitts and Nevis Veterinary Certificate for endorsement by the USDA or CFIA if traveling from the United States or Canada. If you are not traveling from either of these countries, the Governing Authority of your country should endorse the forms. A copy of the Rabies Certificate should also be included.
- A thirty day confinement is required after arrival to St Kitts or Nevis.
Banned Breeds:: the following breeds will not be permitted entry into St Kitts and Nevis - Pit Bull Terrier/ Staffordshire Terrier Dogo Argentino, Presa Canario, Fila Brasileiro, Japanese Tosa and American Bulldog.
Failure to comply with these regulations will mean that your pet will be refused entry or returned to the country of origin or placed in quarantine, all at the expense of the oerson responsible for the pet.
All other pets (birds, invertebrates, tropical fish, reptiles, amphibia, mammals such as rodents and rabbits) are not subject to the regulations in respect of the anti-rabies vaccination but may have to meet other requirements and have a health certificate to accompany them. Pet owners are strongly advised to seek further information from the relevant authority of their country and/or that of the country of destination.
Find Veterinary Certificates for countries worldwide.
St Kitts and Nevis requires an ISO pet microchip.
Everything essential for traveling with a pet can be found at PetTravelStore.com. GOT QUESTIONS??? Please post to our blog or forum.
GOT COMMENTS??? Please enter them below. Your experiences will provide help for us all!!