Pet Passport Saudi Arabia
Regulations for taking a pet dog or cat to Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia does not quarantine healthy pets who meet the following requirements:
- ISO 11784/11785 compliant 15 digit pet microchip. If your pet's microchip is not ISO 11784/11785 compliant, you can bring your own microchip scanner.
- Rabies vaccination between 30 days and 12 months prior to entry into the country
- A USDA (or CFIA) accredited veterinarian must then complete the Saudi Arabia Veterinary Certificate or endorsement by the USDA or CFIA if traveling from the United States or Canada. It also needs to be endorsed by the Saudi Embassy or Consulate in your country. A copy of the Rabies Certificate should also be included.
- Import Permit from the Ministry of Agriculture
- Letter to the Director of Customs - Saudi Arabia.
- The final step is to apply for an entrance notification. This must be done in Saudi Arabia either by the company for which you work or by an agent in Saudi Arabia.
The following breeds are banned from entry: Japanese Spitz, Japanese Akita / Akita Imu / Akita,
Affenpinscher, Griffon Bruxellois / Brussels Griffon / Brabaneon / Belgian Griffon,
Hovawart, Boxer, Bull Dog / English Bull Dog, Rottweiler, Stafford Bull Terrier, Dandie Dinmont Terrier,
Lancashire Heeler, Swedish Valhunde / Swedish Cattle Dog / Vasgoispats,
Mastiff / Old English Mastiff / Bull Mastiff / Neapolitan Mastiff, Newfoundland, Great Dane / Deutscher Dogge, and Leon Bergehni.
Also, small dogs like Yorkies, Pomeranians and Chihuahuas are also prohibited.
Failure to comply with these regulations will mean that your pet will be refused entry or returned to the country of origin or placed in quarantine, all at the expense of the oerson responsible for the pet.
All other pets (birds, invertebrates, tropical fish, reptiles, amphibia, mammals such as rodents and rabbits) are not subject to the regulations in respect of the anti-rabies vaccination but may have to meet other requirements and have a health certificate to accompany them. Pet owners are strongly advised to seek further information from the relevant authority of their country and/or that of the country of destination.
Find Veterinary Certificates for countries worldwide.
Everything essential for traveling with a pet can be found at PetTravelStore.com
GOT COMMENTS??? Please enter them below. Your experiences will provide help for us all!!