Tweet Pet Travel Pet Travel Forum Pet Travel Blog Pet Travel on Facebook


Pet Travel Blog

Pet Passport
Have a question or concern? Reach out to others who have taken your journey with their pet for advice. Just gone to a fabulous place with your pet? Let us all know about it.

To the best of our ability, we ensure that recommendations given on reflect the current regulations. We cannot predict how a given country may enforce these regulations. Noncompliance may result in the need to make arrangements to put the pet into quarantine, return the pet to the country of origin, or destroy the pet. We suggest that you minimize the disruptions that may occur by following the rules of the country you are visiting.

Home > Pet Passports > England

Pet Passport England

Dog Passport England

Regulations for taking a pet dog, cat or ferret to England from countries within the European Union* (EU), from rabies free countries or from countries with a low incidence of rabies. New pet import regulations for the EU in effect on December 29, 2014.

If your pet is entering England from another EU country, a rabies free or a country with a low incidence of rabies after residing there for at least 6 months, they will not be quarantined if the following steps are completed in this order:

  1. Your pet must have a ISO 11784/11785 compliant 15 digit pet microchip. If your pet's microchip is not ISO 11784/11785 compliant, you can bring your own microchip scanner.
  2. If your pet is entering England from a rabies-free or rabies-controlled country, it will need a rabies vaccination no sooner than 21 days** prior to entry and not more than the expiration date of the manufacturer of the vaccine. If your dog, cat or ferret was not vaccinated after it was fitted with a microchip, it will have to be vaccinated again after the microchip is implanted.
  3. If your pet is entering England from a high-rabies country, your pet must be microchipped, then vaccinated for rabies (in that order). After waiting 30 days, a Blood Titer Test must be administered  (Have your veterinarian scan your pet's microchip prior to the titer test.)  Samples must be processed at approved laboratories. Assuming test results within acceptable limits, your pet can enter England no sooner than 90 days after the date the blood was drawn and avoid quarantine. This step is not required unless entering England from a high rabies country.
  4. If you or a legal representative are traveling within 5 days of your pet, an accredited veterinarian must then complete an Annex IV for England within 10 days of entry for endorsement by the USDA or CFIA if traveling from the United States or Canada. If you are entering England from another EU country, then have your veterinarian update an EU Blue Pet Passport for your pet.
  5. If you or a legal representative are not traveling within 5 days of your pet, an accredited veterinarian must then complete an Annex I for England within 48 hours of entry for endorsement by the USDA or CFIA if traveling from the United States or Canada. If you are entering England from another EU country, then have your veterinarian update an EU Blue Pet Passport for your pet. See additional commercial transport rules below.
  6. A Tapeworm Test is required for dogs between one and five days of entering England unless your pet is entering directly from Finland, Ireland, Malta or Norway.
  7. Unaccompanied pets traveling as manifest cargo will need a health certificate issued within 10 days of travel.
This completes a passport for your dog, cat or ferret to enter England.
Due to regulations of commercial airlines approved to fly animals to the UK, pets must arrive as manifest cargo unless they are medically certified service animals or documented emotional support animals and the airline has a program that supports the transport of these animals in the cabin.

Dog Passport England

*Pets entering England from northern Cyprus who did not originate in the UK and meet the requirements of the Pet Scheme are subject to the rules for entering from a country with a high incidence of rabies.

**Once your pet has entered England, a 21 day waiting period is not required for subsequent visits, provided rabies boosters are kept up to date, and the other entry requirements listed above are met. 

Effective December 29, 2014: If your pet is entering England unaccompanied by air from an EU country or rabies-controlled country, and you are unable to travel on the same flight as your pet, you will need to sign a declaration confirming that you do not intend to sell or transfer ownership of your pet. If your pet originates from outside of the EU, you must show evidence of your travel within 5 days of your pet´s movement.

Effective December 29, 2014: If you are not traveling within 5 days before or after your pet or if you are intending to sell, re-home or change ownership of your dog, cat or ferret, then your pet's transport will be considered a commercial transport, and it will need to meet the following requirements:

Arriving to England by Air: If arriving by air from outside the EU, pets must enter England as manifest cargo at Heathrow or Gatwick Airports on approved air carriers. Pets will travel as manifest cargo.

Breed Restrictions:  The following breeds are not permitted to enter England: Brazilian Fila, Pit Bull Terrier, Dogo Argentino, Japanese Tosa Inu, and Fila Braziliero.

Puppies and Kittens: Unvaccinated puppies and kittens under 3 months of age are not permitted to enter England. Rabies vaccination must not be administed prior to 12 weeks of age.

If your dog or cat is entering England from the Malaysian Peninsula, it may not enter the country unless it is accompanied with a certificate issued by the Malaysian Department of Veterinary Services which confirms the following:

Traveling with more than 5 pets: effective December 29, 2014, if you are traveling with more than 5 pets over 6 months of age, unless you are traveling to a show or competition, your pets must meet the requirements as listed above (Annex I instead of Annex IV form), travel from a registered premesis, use a licensed transporter, register the transport on the TRACES system, and also enter England through a Border Inspection Post (if you are traveling from outside of the EU).

Exporting Pets from England: effective December 29, 2014, all dogs, cats and ferrets leaving England must be microchipped, vaccinated for rabies (in that order) and wait 21 days before leaving the country. If you are planning to take your pet on a trip to a country with a high incidence of rabies and returning to England, your veterinarian should do a Blood Titer Test before you leave the country.

Failure to comply with these regulations will mean that your pet will be refused entry or returned to the country of origin or placed in quarantine, all at the expense of the person responsible for your pet.

Inspection: All domestic dogs and cats must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the port of entry to England. If your dog or cat is not in apparent good health, further examination by a licensed veterinarian may be required at your expense.

Other Animals: Birds, invertebrates, tropical fish, reptiles, amphibia, mammals such as rodents and rabbits are not subject to requirements of rabies vaccination, but may have to meet other requirements such as an Import License and quarantine and should have a health certificate to enter England. Pet owners are strongly advised to seek further information from the relevant authority of their country and/or that of the country of destination.

If your pet is not a dog, cat or ferret, and especially if it is a turtle or parrot, you should verify that it is not protected under the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITIES).  You will need to apply for additional permits if this is the case. Search their database. Over 180 countries participate and enforce CITIES regulations. Read more about CITIES.

Veterinary Certificate: All countries have unique veterinary certificates. This form may differ from the veterinary certificate issued by veterinarians in the United States. (APHIS 7001) It is an essential part of the cat or dog passport.

Need a pet friendly hotel in England?

The information published here is a guideline for pet owners importing their pet to England. Further detail on import permits (if applicable), costs, tests and procedures are available at minimal cost at if you need them. We also stock all the equipment and accessories you will need for traveling with your pet. Same day shipping until 4:00 PM EST.

GOT QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS??? You can post them directly to our Facebook page, blog, forum or just enter them below. We will respond as soon as we can.

If our dog is going home to England from Canada, does it require a microchip still, and how do you find out if your dog has been microchiped.
Posted on 2013-08-08 21:07:28.0
David - to go back to England, your pet will need to be micro chipped with a 15 digit ISO compliant microchip, then vaccinated for rabies (in that order) at least 21 days prior to entry. You can take your dog to a vet and have it scanned with a microchip scanner. Chips are inserted between the shoulder blades.
Posted on 2013-08-09 04:12:38.0
I have a 4 year old French Bulldog and we are planning to move back home to the UK next summer from the Czech Republic. He does not have a microchip (to be implanted within the next six months). Do I have to worry about him being quarantined? Sorry for bothering but I don't think he would survive that - he is a prima donna ;-).
Posted on 2013-08-10 21:49:20.0
no quarantine... you share office with quite experienced person :)
Posted on 2013-08-10 21:52:02.0
You will need to microchip your pet, then administer a rabies vaccination at least 21 days prior to entering the UK. Get a blue pet passport from your vet. That will allow you to travel with your pet in the EU freely. However, the UK does require that your Bulldog have a tapeworm test between one and five days of entering. If you follow rules, there is no quarantine.
Posted on 2013-08-15 02:10:16.0
Do i have to vaccinate a 8 week old kitten against rabies before entering the uk or is just chip passport and first vaccination ok
Posted on 2013-08-25 17:22:53.0
We were told that following the dread mad cow disease scare of a few years ago that household pets still need to 'sit it out at the airport' for several weeks before release, which, of course, is not practical for a 2week vacation. Please, are there any authorities in this blog that can confirm/deny this? Thanks, from Canada.
Posted on 2013-08-26 20:03:08.0
Hello I am from Portugal what i have to do to bring my cat to UK.
Posted on 2013-09-18 00:24:10.0
If I read the above correctly, 4 month kittens cannot be brought into UK from Greece, even if they have all the necessary requirements?
Posted on 2013-09-18 07:26:23.0
How weird is this? I ask a question on PetTravel web site and it immediately appears on my facebook page? The internet is FREAKING me out these days....... How can they have access to my page in this way??????????
Posted on 2013-09-18 12:36:27.0
Your kitten needs to be fully vaccinated prior to entering the UK.
Posted on 2013-09-28 19:45:50.0
As long as you conform to the rules and regulations to bring a pet to the UK, it will not be quarantined at all and should be released from the Animal Clearance Center within 1-4 hours, generally speaking.
Posted on 2013-09-28 19:47:42.0
How can I be sure my pet wont go to quarantine when i come back to uk? I need a phone number please to call and be sure if i take my yorkie away from uk for a month i can bring her back with no problem . I bought her from here
Posted on 2013-10-06 23:28:44.0
Beatrice - it is important to know where you are going to. If you are traveling in the EU, here is what you need to do before you leave the UK. Have your pet microchipped, then vaccinated for rabies. Ask for a blue pet passport from your vet and take it with you. Do this at least 21 days prior to leaving. Also, your pet will need a tapeworm test between one and five days of returning to the UKfrom a licensed veterinarian where you are visiting. If you are going outside of the EU, then you will have to abide by the rules for that country, but if you are traveling to a country outside of the EU with a high incidence of rabies, then there are more requirements for when you return to avoid quarantine.
Posted on 2013-10-10 04:25:11.0
i want to bring a rottwailer puppy from greece it will be full vacinated and microshiped is there any other requirment? will the puppy be able to come home with us immediatelly?
Posted on 2013-11-19 15:08:59.0
I am bringing my two young cats back to England from the Dominican Republic, I have looked online for information but would really like a phone number i can call in England to ensure i have taken all the correct steps. They are both from the DR both have had their 15 digit microchip before they got the rabies shot, blood work is clear and taken 31 days after jabs were given. Would like to know what documents i need for them. Who can i call?
Posted on 2013-12-18 20:31:47.0
Jen Achilles could you help sweetie? Xx
Posted on 2013-12-18 21:03:23.0
Try defra pet travel department initially 0870 2411710 or open mon to fri 8am to 6pm. Other useful sources are the actual pet transport companies that will be carrying the animals as they should be able to arrange all the necessary certification but you'd likely need to visit vet prior to leaving to have them certified and there's a small chance that there will still be a mandatory quarantine period as I don't think the Dominican Republic is included in the pet travel European scheme although there are a couple of exemptions for certain countries. Hope that helps & happy travels xxxxx
Posted on 2013-12-18 21:15:57.0
Posted on 2013-12-18 22:50:27.0
Zoe - the Domnican Republic is not considered to be either a rabies free country or a country with a low incidence of rabies (non-listed country). As such, the UK will require a Blood Titer Test. This will delay your pet's import by at least 90 days. The process is microchip, then vaccinate for rabies, then wait 30 days, then BTT. Assuming acceptable results, your pet can enter the UK 90 days after the date the blood was drawn. The Annex II form must be completed by your vet within 10 days of entry.
Posted on 2013-12-23 00:04:00.0
You will need an EU pet passport and a tapeworm treatment between one and five days of import to England. You should not need additional documentation to return to Greece.
Posted on 2014-01-01 15:29:41.0
Hi there, if i bring my 2 dogs over from Australia with all up to date vaccinations etc and papers how long would they need to stay in quarantine for? im pretty sure australia is a low rabies country but just thought id check anyway? thanks guys :)
Posted on 2014-01-02 05:08:47.0
sorry forgot to mention both were born in australia
Posted on 2014-01-02 05:09:22.0
Hi :) Are American Staffies from South Africa allowed into Scotland? I read that Pitt Bulls are a restricted breed and American Staffies have the Pitt Bull line in their breed as far as I know.
Posted on 2014-01-03 14:10:01.0
Why? Are you leaving??? Don't go. Hold on, just thought of a hot old tune: Babe, I love you sooooooooo, and I want you to know, that I'm, gonna miss your love, the minute you walk out that door.....don't go. Don't gggggoooooooooo. Don't go away. Please don't go...don't goooooooo. I'm begging you to stay. Hey hey.
Posted on 2014-01-03 16:47:14.0
Something u want to share after all the odd questions u were asking today? I knew u were up to something ...
Posted on 2014-01-03 23:58:28.0
Relax everyone ;) We are not leaving SA! We are always considering our options (particularly as you are over there sis!) but it seems God keeps saying "stay" we stay :)
Posted on 2014-01-04 00:14:22.0
The American Staffies are not permitted to enter the UK. There is no ban against Staffordshire Bull Terriers. This breed is a mix of an English Bull Dog and a Terrier.
Posted on 2014-01-04 20:46:42.0
There will be no quarantine as long as this process is followed: microchip, then rabies vaccination (in that order) at least 21 day prior to entry. As your pets have current vaccinations, just have them microchipped, then re-vaccinated if they do not have a chip and you don't have to wait the 21 days. If they already have a chip, then make sure they were vaccinated after the chip was inserted. Within 10 days of entering the UK, have your veterinarian fill out the Annex II form for England. They will both need tapeworm tests between one and five days of entering the country. That's it!
Posted on 2014-01-04 21:16:32.0
All you need is the Annex II form for England issued by your vet within 10 days of travel. You have taken care of everything else.
Posted on 2014-01-04 21:17:58.0
Thanks so much for the info!
Posted on 2014-01-05 15:43:33.0
Will a cat which tests positive for FIV be allowed into the UK ?
Posted on 2014-01-08 08:23:08.0
We cannot find anything in the regulations that would probibit it.
Posted on 2014-01-10 02:15:25.0
I want to bring my cat fromUK to live in germany, am I correct in that she needs only a valid pet passport with rabies jab and microchip? Also worming?
Posted on 2014-01-22 17:15:42.0
Sure that and initial protection fr Sasha :0)) xx
Posted on 2014-01-23 07:35:46.0
No worming necessary. Be sure your kitty has been vaccinated for rabies sometime after the microchip was inserted and is current. With an EU pet passport, you have all you need.
Posted on 2014-01-24 02:55:28.0
For my dog to travel from Australia to UK will he just need to be microchipped, have a rabies shot 21+ days prior to arriving and his pet passport???
Posted on 2014-02-02 02:20:52.0
Sian - your dog will also need a tapeworm test between one and five days of entry. There are also export requirements to take a pet out of Australia.
Posted on 2014-02-04 04:30:37.0
Regardfing pet travel from USA to England it states above, "Pets will travel as manifest cargo" Does this mean the pet cannot travel in the cabin with the owner? It also states they must travel on approved air carriers. Delta seems to be the only transport to England that allows the pet in the cabin, are they approved by England?
Posted on 2014-02-04 14:51:46.0
Although DEFRA, the agency that regulates the import and export of pets into and out of the UK does not specify that pets fly into the UK as manifest cargo, there are no commercial airlines that will permit pets to fly either in the cabin or checked baggage. The reason for this is because regulations do state that a licensed agent must pick up all animals from the aircraft and take them to the Animal Reception Center for processing inspections and paperwork. The airlines cannot accommodate having agents come on the plane to take pets from owners. The only exception to this rule are comfort and service animals. You should call Delta again because I believe you got bad information.
Posted on 2014-02-05 04:14:59.0
I wsh to bring my cat from Turkey to England. Im getting very confused what I actually need. Any help greatly appreciated
Posted on 2014-02-05 13:41:28.0
Hello! I am planning to migrate to the UK and my dog will be meeting me there. Do you know if it is possible for him to board a plane if one person brings him and then a different person (who does not get on the plane) meets him at arrival? Also, since the vet certificate is only valid for 4 months, what can we do after that? Can he still remain in the UK, just not travel across any country borders? THank you!
Posted on 2014-02-06 18:46:30.0
Trentin, what are you doing on my facebook?
Posted on 2014-02-06 21:46:55.0
looking for my blog i shared with you your in-box. maybe the writing gods put a stop to you being able to see it hehe
Posted on 2014-02-07 00:19:06.0
Laura - your cat will need to be microchipped, then vaccinated for rabies (in that order). No sooner than 30 days after vaccination, your veterinarian will do a Blood Titer Test for submittal to an approved lab. Assuming the results are within acceptable limits, your cat can enter England 90 days after the date the blood was drawn. Within 10 days of travel, your vet will need to fill out an Annex II form for England. You can find details and links to forms and instructions here:
Posted on 2014-02-07 01:03:35.0
When transporting unaccompanied pets to the UK, you need to be careful to avoid the appearance of a commercial transport or additional requirements will apply. The best way to do this is for the owner of the pet to either drop the pet off or (better yet) pick them up at the destination airport. You, as the owner should provide authorization to the person dropping your pet. If you are planning to reside in the UK, visit a vet there and get an EU passport for your dog. With that, you can travel freely within the EU. You will need a tapeworm test to return to the UK, however. It should be done between one and five days of your return.
Posted on 2014-02-07 03:38:14.0
Awesome! Now how exactly do we give our friend authorization when she is dropping him off at the airport?
Posted on 2014-02-07 20:40:39.0
Trent Grassian A letter authorizing the person dropping off your personal pet to be the consignor on the airway bill and you will be the consignee. This may or maynot be required, but good to be overprepared.
Posted on 2014-02-07 23:55:46.0
Hello, I have a rescue cat in Spain travelling to a new home in Devon (A charity) a friend of mine is bringing her over for me as he lives 6months of the year in Devon, I am finding the paperwork a bit tricky and not sure exactly whether they can travel on the pets scheme or not, can anyone advise what I need to do? she has a microchip and rabbies vaccination but its the paperwork side I am concerned about as she is obviously not travelling with her owner
Posted on 2014-02-08 08:43:54.0
Alison - If the owner will not claim your cat and the purpose of your cats transport is for re-homing, then it is subject to the Community Veterinary Checks Regime. This involves giving notice of import to the Border Inspection Post through a Common Veterinary Entry Document. You can find details here: As far as traveling under the Pets Scheme, if the vaccination was given after the microchip was inserted, 21 days have passed, and the cat has an Annex II form for the UK issued within 10 days of travel, it will meet those requirements.
Posted on 2014-02-08 16:30:17.0
We are moving from the US to England in May. I was told that the paperwork that our vet fills out is only valid for 5 days before we leave the country, and that paperwork submitted before that will not be accepted. Is this true? I hate waiting until the last minute to get things done, and that is putting a lot of faith in someone else in a very short amount of time to make sure our dog gets to England with us. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you.
Posted on 2014-02-12 17:09:11.0
Hi Linnea - the EU has a 10 day rule with regard to their Annex II certificates. You should get an accredited USDA vet to fill out the Annex II form. You will need to send it via expedited mail to your State USDA Veterinarian together with a check for their charges and a return envelope also via expedited mail. You can also take the form and proof of rabies vaccination and APHIS7001 for the airlines to the office if it is located near you. (call them for an appointment.) The date of entry to England is within 10 days from the date the USDA endorses the Annex II form.Because this form reflects your pet's health, DEFRA will not accept forms ahead of time.
Posted on 2014-02-13 02:22:31.0
I am currently living in Malaysia and am keen to adopt a rescue cat. Malaysia is not EU, and is a country with rabies, so what would happen if I want to bring the cat back to the UK in a few years? and what steps can i take to make it easier? Thank you
Posted on 2014-02-24 10:26:33.0
Hi Lusy - in order to avoid the high cost of quarantine in the UK, you should do the following before bringing your kitty. First, have your vet insert a microchip, then vaccinate for rabies. No sooner than 30 days later, your vet administers a blood titer test and the sample is sent to an approved lab. Assuming acceptable results, your kitty can enter the UK 90 days after the date the blood was drawn. Within 10 days of entry, your vet completes the Annex II form for the UK. Details and links to instructions and forms here:
Posted on 2014-02-25 02:58:43.0
hi, would i have problems bringing my dog back from Egypt if the dog originates in the UK?
Posted on 2014-03-16 16:19:06.0
Hi Chloe - if you are thinking about taking your pet to Egypt, get it microchipped, then vaccinated for rabies. Wait 30 days and have your vet do a Blood Titer Test. It is much easier to return if you accomplish this in England prior to leaving. You will need the titer test results recorded on your pet's EU passport to return to the UK without the normal 3 month wait.
Posted on 2014-03-18 04:59:00.0
Hi, I am planning to move from Romania to UK with my dog( Yorkshire terrier). Do you know if it is possible to board him on a plane with me?
Posted on 2014-03-31 18:21:43.0
Hi Raffaella - unfortunately, it is impossible to find a commercial airline that will fly your pet in the cabin due to the process requierd in the UK for pet clearance. You could consider taking the ferry from Calais or Amsterdam into the UK. The trains are pet friendly.
Posted on 2014-04-04 16:33:38.0
What is the minimum age that a puppy can be admitted to the UK that has all the relevant innoculations ?
Posted on 2014-04-28 07:48:45.0
3 months or 15 weeks provided it has had its first 2 jabs, been microchipped and then had the rabies vaccine at least 3 weeks before it flies.
Posted on 2014-04-28 11:53:45.0
Hi Susan - it depends on the origination country. If it is a rabies free or rabies controlled, the puppy must have been microchipped, then vaccinated for rabies (in that order). Then there is a 21 days wait until the puppy can enter the UK. It will need an Annex II form completed within 10 days and a tapeworm test issued by your vet between one and five days of entry. If the originating country is a high rabies country, add another 3 months onto the minimum age.
Posted on 2014-05-01 03:15:57.0
Hi do I need passport for my dog goin to london frm belfast
Posted on 2014-05-07 11:59:44.0
Please can someone give me the costs/procedures involved on taking my dog from Egypt to the UK. He is an Egyptian dog, fully vaccinated and is just over 1 year old. Thank you so much!!!!
Posted on 2014-05-08 11:05:15.0
Georgie - because the EU considers Egypt to be a high-rabies country, you will need to prepare 4 months in advance. First, have your vet microchip your pet, then vaccinate for rabies (in that order, but same vet visit is OK). Wait 30 days (not including the day of the vet visit), then have your vet do a Blood Titer Test. Assuming acceptable results, your pet can enter the UK 90 days after the date the blood was drawn. Within 10 days of travel, your vet will complete the Annex II form for the UK and between one and five days of entry, your pet needs a tapeworm treatment. You can find all the details including a link to complete instructions and all forms required here:
Posted on 2014-05-10 14:42:34.0
Regulations state that your pet should have a microchip, rabies vaccination after the microchip is implanted and at least 21 days prior to entering England and travel with an EU pet passport that is updated within 10 days of travel.
Posted on 2014-05-10 14:45:17.0
Hi Pettravel, how can I bring my turtle from Spain to London? I am working in UK for more than a year and I don't know how bring her. Thanks
Posted on 2014-05-22 13:01:33.0
Hi,there, I'm planning to bring a frenchie pupy to London from Spain, what are the procedures and how much it costs.. Thank you..
Posted on 2014-05-24 18:21:23.0
Mauricio - how old is your puppy? It needs to be microchipped and vaccinated for rabies at least 21 days prior to entering Spain. Rabies vaccinations are usually given at 3 months.
Posted on 2014-05-26 21:04:24.0

Hi, great informative site. I want to bring my two rottweiller pups back to UK from Thailand. Am i right in saying that i must prpeare evrything early, follow the correct procedures with rgerads to vaccinations etc and then my dogs wont have to stay in quarantine in UK? They will be almost 9 months old when they travel, is it safe to travel with them at that age?
Posted on 2014-06-02 16:32:12.0
Ken - you are correct in saying that, if you follow the process, your puppies will not need to be quarantined in the UK. Microchip first, then vaccinate for rabies. Wait 30 days (not including day of doctor visit), then have your vet administer a Blood Titer test. Assuming acceptable results, your pups can enter the UK without quarantine 90 days after the date the blood was drawn. You will need an Annex II form for the UK completed within 10 days of travel and a tapeworm treatment between one and five days of travel. Details and links to step by step instructions and approved labs for BTT are here:
Posted on 2014-06-05 03:39:54.0

Thankyou every so much, great advice much appreciated.
Posted on 2014-06-05 06:13:31.0
Hello, I want to travel to UK from Greece with my 2 dogs, one mixed breed maltese-griffon and one pekignese, 5 kg each. No aircarrier accepts the pekignese because of breath problems of the breed. Is there any other way to travel? If yes is there any special requirment that I have to take care? thx in advance for yr answers
Posted on 2014-06-05 12:09:35.0
Lourdes - there are no rabies or other import requirements for bringing a pet turtle to the UK from another EU member state. Unless your turtle fell under CITIES regs, you can import your pet. Your airlines may require a health certificate issued within 10 days of travel.
Posted on 2014-06-07 03:45:07.0
Mata - there are pet friendly ferries that travel between Calais, France and the UK as well as Amsterdam and the UK. You can also drive and take LeShuttle through the Chunnel.
Posted on 2014-06-07 03:52:11.0
PetTravel thx for the reply, I also have another question about entering UK. Are there any fees or any other kind of expenses for the dogs such as doctors or bills or anything?
Posted on 2014-06-07 04:58:26.0
Mata - there are fees at Heathrow. (arrival charges, paperwork check fee, airline fees, ARC fees) and also the agent's fees who picks up your pet and takes it to the Animal Reception Center for processing paperwork. Before you fly, you will have vet fees for microchip implantation, rabies vaccination, tapeworm treatment and updating your EU pet passport. Hope this addresses your question.
Posted on 2014-06-09 02:35:02.0
What do i require to bring my cat from tunisia to england ?
Posted on 2014-06-20 13:18:42.0
I am planning to travel with my 2 lab/ collie cross puppies from Montserrat to UK via France. Will I have to wait the full 90days after blood test extraction before entering England? Although the puppies have had their rabies jabs, I plan on getting the Titer Tests done in France as costs will be considerably less than in the Caribbean, please advise me of approved laboratories and associated vets I could contact. Thanks
Posted on 2014-06-22 20:54:09.0
Charley - you will have to wait the 90 days after the date the blood was drawn in France prior to entering the UK. You can find laboratories in France here:
Posted on 2014-06-23 04:59:02.0
Mare - Tunisia is considered a high-rabies country by the UK, so you will need to follow the instructions here including the titer test:
Posted on 2014-06-23 05:00:43.0
You will have to have a microchip implanted and be vaccinated for rabies and wait at least 21 days after she has completed her rabies series. She will also need an EU pet passport and a tapeworm test between one and five days of entering England. She will have to fly as manifest cargo and you will have to pay agent, clearance and Animal Reception Center fees. It is not inexpensive...
Posted on 2014-06-23 05:03:38.0
what is the cost of transport from Egypt 2 uk for dog,s
Posted on 2014-06-25 13:04:25.0
Thank you for your help I shall look right away
Posted on 2014-06-25 14:12:10.0
he would love all those walkies Jan xxxx
Posted on 2014-06-26 10:19:49.0
/ this link might help also Jan. x
Posted on 2014-06-26 10:34:26.0
Janice - you should contact British Airways or Egypt Air for this information. Because your pets will travel as manifest cargo, contact their cargo departments. They both fly directly between Cairo and London. Your pet will need to enter England through London Heathrow, Gatwick or Manchester ( Manchester only if you are traveling with them.) Other one-stop possibilities are Air France, Royal Jordanian, Turkish Airlines and Aegean Airlines and Swiss Air.
Posted on 2014-06-29 17:38:36.0
My daughter is planning on flying from LAX to Scotland (or if easier for dog regulation then elsewhere in the UK) in August. She has a small Chihuahua. So far what she has found out is that she cannot take him in the cabin, but has to put him in cargo, further she has been told that the only way to get him into the UK she has to be accompanied by a pet travel agent. The sum of these two things add up to more than $2000 - money she does not have - she's going to school/college there. Are these things true? cabin; 2.must be cargo cheapest being $600; 3.can only enter UK with pet travel agent, cost $1000? Of course she'll meet all the regulations mentioned above (vacc; ISO microchip, etc.). Oh and her dog is estimated at 4 years old and she's had her for three months now and adopted him from our local humane society. I'd really appreciate an answer from PetTravel, Thank you.
Posted on 2014-06-30 23:17:58.0
Hi, we are moving from Australia to the UK in August. We are not coming over until a little later than our Staffy is and have organised a dog retreat for him to go to until we arrive. Do you know of any animal transport companies that can transport from London to Isle of Wight who are really friendly with dogs!? I am such a worrier with how he is treated and stress about it all given we aren't going to be there :( Also, we have had a quote for a pet relocation company who have said they will organise the whole trip including getting everything required from a veterinarian however it is going to cost close to $4000 (not including transport to IOW). Do you know of any recommendations to get a quote from someone else instead? How does the whole process work including if we aren't there to collect him, toilet breaks etc? do they have vet nurses that look after them throughout the trip at the airports etc? Sorry for the essay, slightly worried!! :(
Posted on 2014-07-01 11:13:56.0
Sorry.. with the passport and all the requirements being completed, does he get a document or passport like ours which would allow us to take him else where in Europe should we wish?
Posted on 2014-07-01 11:16:57.0
I'm travelling from the Czech republic to the UK with 2 cats. They've been microchipped and vaccinated against rabies but my vet said that I would also need to have them dewormed 48hrs before travel- is that right, as I' d thought it was only dogs that needed deworming?
Posted on 2014-07-26 08:23:52.0
Laura Jayne -- try for an agent to assist you from London to Isle of Wright. You can search by country. Once there, ask your vet about an EU pet passport.
Posted on 2014-07-30 03:47:57.0
How much is a pet passport for my dog travelling from Australia to the UK? And how much is airfare usually?
Posted on 2014-07-30 12:53:46.0
is there any chance for complications if the dog is a mixed pit bull?not even direct relative. maybe the mother was a mixed pit bull. I don't know, my dog was adopted from a shelter. so, parents are unknown.
Posted on 2014-07-30 19:50:23.0
Val - visual inspections are important. Here is a link to a brochure that will tell you what officials are looking for: Certainly your vet would list your pet as a "mixed breed" on the Annex II form. Hope this helps.
Posted on 2014-08-02 02:14:24.0
Justin - here is the documentation that your dog will need to travel to the UK: proof of microchip implantation, then rabies vaccination at least 21 days prior to import, (must be in that order). You will need an Annex II form for the UK completed by your vet within 10 days of travel. You can find details and instructions/forms here if you need them: To leave Australia, you will need to follow the regulations found here: As for air fare, it depends on the airline as some of them require an agent to book the flight which adds to the cost (BA is one). Your dog must travel as manifest cargo, so contact the cargo department of an airline that serves the entire route for the cost.
Posted on 2014-08-02 02:21:10.0
Stephanie - your post did not show up in time for us to give you a timely answer and we apologize for that. It is expensive to fly a pet to the UK. First of all, it must fly as manifest cargo which is more expensive than checked baggage. Secondly, a licensed agent must pick up the pet from the plane and take it to the Animal Reception Center for processing. There are all sorts of fees for that. The only way to avoid all of this is to fly to Paris with your pet in the cabin and either rent a car or have a service pick you up and take you across the Chunnel.
Posted on 2014-08-02 02:24:59.0
I'm a dog breeder in the US, and have had an inquiry from the UK from someone who would like to import a puppy from me. I'm finding the regulations to do this confusing. What are the procedures I need to follow to export a puppy from the USA to the UK? Is the US considered a high-incidence rabies country? Thank you for you help.
Posted on 2014-08-22 23:34:39.0
Hi, my husband and I live in France but want to buy a puppy from a well respected British breeder. The puppy will be ready to collect before she is old enough for her rabies shot - can we microchip her and travel to France before her rabies shot? we have a local vet here in France who cares for or other dog and will do the necessary vaccines and checks when needed. Thanks
Posted on 2014-08-26 07:55:28.0
Deirdre - the US is considered by the EU to be a rabies-controlled country so no titer test is required. The procedure is as follows: at 3 months, the puppy is microchipped, then vaccinated for rabies (in that order). There is a 21 day wait (not including the day of the vet visit) until the pup can enter the UK. It must have an Annex II form completed by a USDA accredited vet and endorsed by the USDA within 10 days of travel and a tapeworm treatment between one and five days of travel. You can find details and links to instructions and all forms required here:
Posted on 2014-08-28 02:37:11.0