Pet Passport Andorra
Regulations for taking a pet dog or cat to Andorra from a
free country or a
country with a low incidence of rabies.
These rules apply only to dogs, cats, and ferrets.
Andorra does not quarantine healthy pets who meet the following requirements:
- ISO 11784/11785 compliant 15 digit pet microchip. If your pet's microchip is not ISO 11784/11785 compliant, you can bring your own microchip scanner.
- Vaccinations: Andorra requires that your dog, cat or ferret be vaccinated for rabies and various other diseases between 30 days and 12 months prior to travel.
- Andorra Veterinary Certificate* must be completed within several weeks of travel.
- Although it is not required, we recommend that a USDA or CFIA licensed veterinarian complete the veterinary certificate and you have it endorsed by the USDA or CFIA if traveling from the United States or Canada or the Governing Authority for the import and export of animals in your country.
- Unaccompanied pets traveling as manifest cargo will need a health certificate issued within 10 days of travel. Your airlines may also require a health certificate even if your pet is traveling with you in the cabin or as checked baggage.
Language: *The veterinary certificate should be in a format that can
be easily checked by the authorities and should be in the official
language of Andorra or in English.
For more detailed instructions and forms to create a pet passport to take your pet to Andorra, click on the button below.
Failure to comply with these regulations will mean that your pet will be refused entry or returned to the country of origin or placed in quarantine, all at the expense of the person responsible for your pet.
Inspection: All domestic dogs and cats must be free of evidence of disease
communicable to humans when examined at the port of entry to Andorra. If
your dog or cat is not in apparent good health, further examination by a
licensed veterinarian may be required at your expense.
Other Animals: Birds, invertebrates, tropical fish, reptiles, amphibia, mammals such as rodents and rabbits are not subject to requirements of rabies vaccination, but may have to meet other requirements and should have a health certificate to enter Andorra. Pet owners are strongly advised to seek further information from the relevant authority of their country and/or that of the country of destination.
If your pet is not a dog, cat or ferret, and especially if it is a
turtle or parrot, you should verify that
it is not protected under the
Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna
and Flora (CITIES). You will need to apply for additional permits
if this is the case. Search their database.
Over 180 countries participate and enforce CITIES regulations. Read more about CITIES.
Veterinary Certificate: All countries have unique veterinary certificates. This form may differ from the veterinary certificate issued by veterinarians in the United States. (APHIS 7001) It is an essential part of the cat or dog passport.
The information published here is a guideline for pet owners importing their pet to Andorra. Further detail on import permits (if applicable), costs, tests and procedures are available at minimal cost at PetTravelStore.com if you need them. We also stock all the equipment and accessories you will need for traveling with your pet. Same day shipping until 4:00 PM EST.
GOT QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS??? Due to the high demand, we are unable to respond to your question quickly if posted below. If you need a fast response, you can post them directly to our Facebook page, blog, or forum. We will respond as soon as we can.
Please note that the accuracy of comments made from Facebook users other than Pet Travel have not been verified.