Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traveling around the world with your pet

Traveling around the world with your pet

I would like to one day travel the world with my family and dog and was wondering if anyone has any advice or personal experience? I found this great article on the topic but it would be great to get as much advice/information as possible to prepare for such a feat. Thank you!

Don't many countries have a quarantine period for pets? I wouldn't want to subject my pet to being away from me while in quarantine. If you sailed around the world, then you could bring your pet. I would assume they wouldn't be allowed off the boat in most countries though.

When the times come you will need to contact us with the order of countries you wish to visit. Almost all have different forms and different requirements. Plus, the requirements change depending on which country you are coming from. For instance if you were traveling from the US to the UK there are one set of requirements. But if you were going to the UK from India it would be different rules. You can find much of what you need on this page. [url]http://www.pettravel.com/passportnew.cfm[/url]

Jerry

Only a few countries have quarantine requirements for healthy pets provided you have the proper forms. With a little planning you could take your pet into almost any country and not be concerned about quarantine. If you would like the rules and forms for any country go to [url]www.pettravelstore.com[/url] and then click on Pet Passports - Immigration Info and scroll down to the country.
    Jerry

janefermatt

Post Re: Traveling around the world with your pet

Thanks a lot guys for your help..Actually I am looking for a hotel near about Spain..I am traveling next month and need your guidance..My pet is small puppy..

[B][I]I am waiting for the reply! anybody? [/I][/B]
    __________________________________________________ ____________

Re: Traveling around the world with your pet

If you are traveling to Spain with your little puppy, you can travel through plane via a crate that fits underneath your seat. If not, make a reservation with your airline and get the appropriate crate to store your pet. They offer your pet food and water prior to departure. If you’re from the USA or Canada, the Spanish government has recently simplified the procedure for bringing your pets into the country.

I never took my puppy or my gang of goldfishes anywhere. Not even to any local destinations. I find it very difficult in taking them with me while travelling. Because normally the public transports here don't carry the pets. So I used to keep them with my neighbors.

Still I think they also should go out for a vacation. I'd love to know if I could take them to Vietnam. Actually I love to visit there.

I wish to know are their hotels pet friendly or not..

You should inquire thoroughly. Everything will be better if we know how to handle possible

New Delhi, India is dog friendly! There are 4 pet friendly hotels, including Hotel Blue Sapphire and Swagat Palace. If have time you can visit there.

It really depends how you decide to travel. If you let me know how you are traveling I will be able to help you and give you some advice as I have plenty of pets including 4 dogs and have traveled many places.