Thread: Hyatt Regency Newport Resort & Spa

Hyatt Regency Newport Resort & Spa

Hyatt Regency Newport Resort & Spa is an ideal spot for pets and their human companions. This summer Hyatt Regency Newport is hosting “Schmitty The Weather Dog” www.schmittysays.com, who will act as the hotel’s “Weather Dog in Residence.” Schmitty, a Yorkshire Terrier, will deliver Newport area weather reports with Meteorologist and ABC Producer Ron Trotta.

Check out a couple of Schmitty’s weather reports here:
    • www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXt2MO_tho8
    • www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyit2**SdHU

Schmitty will host pet events with the hotel’s Resident Border Collie, Darby, such as daily “Mutt Mixers” on the outdoor deck, where pets and pet parents can socialize with cocktails and listen to pet experts on topics ranging from training tips to nutrition. Darby also served as inspiration for the resort’s daily “Mutt’s Mocktail Hour” on the new Great Lawn, where dogs receive a “Doggie Brew” beer while owners enjoy a Salty Dog: essentially a rim-salted Greyhound with gin instead of vodka. The hotel’s brand new Activities Director, Daniella Giorgio, is also part of the action, leading activities with Schmitty and living up to her nickname as the hotel’s “Director of Fun.” Here’s the hotel’s website: www.newport.hyatt.com

Re: Hyatt Regency Newport Resort & Spa

Aww how cute... I like his little sunglasses as well! Are you doing any special offers on this accommodation at all? A good friend of mine is working over in New York and I'm considering paying her a visit in the New year. Ideally wana be able to take the dog with me but I'm not sure how easy that'll be to be honest. Just don't like the idea of leaving her in a kennel for 3 weeks while im away.

This is an ideal place to stay if you want to relax on a beach away from the crowds..

Awesome excellent... I like his little sunglasses as well! Are you doing any unique deals on this housing at all

This is an perfect accommodations if you want to rest on a seaside away from the crowds....nice place to have fun...

I am travelling with Lufthansa on 19 October back to Thessaloniki, Greece from San Francisco. I will be accompanied by my 2 cats who are travelling cargo (as they did on their journey to the US on 13 August 2014 (8 weeks ago). We entered the US using an EU passport for each animal which shows all their innoculations etc which are all up to date and do not need redone until 2015. I would like to know the procedure for returning as I do not want any hiccups at the airport. I understand that I should have a veterinarian check them over to make sure they are fit to fly but my question is this - Does the veterinarian stamp the page in the EU passport saying that he certifies they are ok to travel or is there some other documentation that I need. Logic tells me that the EU passport was introduced to make travelling easier and it certainly was on coming to the US but is it the same on the return? No one seems to know. I have tried Lufthansa, Immigration, Consulates and everyone passes me on to someone else!! I cannot be the only European trying to leave the US with animals that were accepted into the country 8 weeks ago. There must be a procedure! Can anyone out there advise??? Much appreciated!!!

Administrator

If you have an EU pet passport, you should not need to have an APHIS 7001 form endorsed by the USDA. Verify that your airline will not require this form.
    Phil

I am travelling with Lufthansa on 19 October back to Thessaloniki, Greece from San Francisco. I will be accompanied by my 2 cats who are travelling cargo (as they did on their journey to the US on 13 August 2014 (8 weeks ago). We entered the US using an EU passport for each animal which shows all their innoculations etc which are all up to date and do not need redone until 2015. I would like to know the procedure for returning as I do not want any hiccups at the airport. I understand that I should have a veterinarian check them over to make sure they are fit to fly but my question is this - Does the veterinarian stamp the page in the EU passport saying that he certifies they are ok to travel or is there some other documentation that I need. Logic tells me that the EU passport was introduced to make travelling easier and it certainly was on coming to the US but is it the same on the return? No one seems to know. I have tried Lufthansa, Immigration, Consulates and everyone passes me on to someone else!! I cannot be the only European trying to leave the US with animals that were accepted into the country 8 weeks ago. There must be a procedure! Can anyone out there advise??? Much appreciated!!!

Administrator

The U.S. veterinarian should not stamp the EU pet passport. As long as the vaccinations have not expired, then an updated fit to fly is fine.
    Phil