Thread: shipping puppy from Rom to USA .Advice please

Question shipping puppy from Rom to USA .Advice please

I am purchasing a puppy from Romania and having it shipped to Calif . Can anyone help me to understand this process , costs and safety:confused of the puppy . Never done this before so of course I am very concerned and really dont know what it costs and involves . Thank you

Administrator

Re: shipping puppy from Rom to USA .Advice please

We must first note that this is an area of the world where pet scammers abound. If you do not know your breeder, be very careful about purchasing the puppy by wiring funds or buying cash cards.

That said, your puppy must be vaccinated for rabies not sooner than 3 months of age and wait for 30 days before transport. It will also need a health certificate issued in English or bi-lingual with English being one of the languages within 10 days of transport.

You will need to find an airline that flies your entire route (short layovers are ok, but do not change airline companies along the way) and contact their cargo department. Your puppy will need to fly in a crate similar to these and be sure and get a good crate pad: https://www.pettravelstore.com/pet-crates/
    Susan

Re: shipping puppy from Rom to USA .Advice please

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    We must first note that this is an area of the world where pet scammers abound. If you do not know your breeder, be very careful about purchasing the puppy by wiring funds or buying cash cards.
    Susan
    True, but some learn lesson after loss.