Thread: Can i bring my cat from the Ukraine to the U.K ?

Can i bring my cat from the Ukraine to the U.K ?

My families cat has lived in the Ukraine all his life , but due to being old and needing to be looked after more, and my Grandmother cannot do it anymore, i want to bring him back with me to the U.K. Is that possible? (sorry if this has been answered before )
    Thank you in anticipation of some-advise /help.
    Svetlana

Administrator

Re: Can i bring my cat from the Ukraine to the U.K ?

Sweet4sweat - you can bring your Grandmother's cat back to the United Kingdom however, there is a specific process to be followed. You can find all the requirements to import pets to the UK here and there are links to further instructions and forms if you need them: http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/UnitedKingdom.cfm. If you fly back to the UK, your cat will need to travel as air cargo. A way around this is to take a ferry from Rotterdam or fly to Paris with the cat in the cabin, take the train to Calais and ride Le Shuttle through the Chunnel. You will need a car to ride Le Shuttle, though. Maybe someone can pick you up in Calais or there are services that can do that as well.
    Susan

Administrator

Re: Can i bring my cat from the Ukraine to the U.K ?

Svetlana - you can bring your cat to the UK however, you will need to follow a procedure. You can find it here: http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/UnitedKingdom.cfm. If you are flying, your Grandmother's cat must be imported as air cargo. To avoid this, you can take a ferry from Rotterdam or fly to Paris, take the train to Calais and take Le Shuttle to Folkestown. You will need to ride on Le Shuttle in a car. There are services that can assist you with that if you do not have a friends or relatives to pick you up.
    Susan