Hello Fellow Pet Owners,

I recently took my Border Collie mix on a trip to visit family over the holidays to South Florida. I was really worried about having to find hotels, dog parks, and beach access but I stumbled upon a site that really helped me through my phone called BringFido (I think). Anyway, from Jacksonville Beach (Jax) to Melbourne Beaches, I found 2 hotels with a small security deposit and felt comfortable having my dog around the hotel courtyard. The biggest bonus for traveling with your pet to South Florida Beaches is the public dog parks that are right on the beach with convenient parking! This way I could have my dog near me when getting a little sun (its warm all the way through the winter at times). Anyway, if anyone is concerned about bring pets to those areas, use the BringFido service and make sure your hotel accepts regular pets and not just service dogs (unless you need one). One thing to note is some of the hotels on the beaches charged a fee for the size of the pet. However, there are plenty of hotels with a standard small fee.

Cheers