Thread: question about entering to Bermuda in xmas holiday, please help!

question about entering to Bermuda in xmas holiday, please help!

My dog Pumpkin`s first rabies got expired on 11/14/17 and got his second one on 11/19/17. I read the instruction and said that Bermuda can not accept dog with significant lapse. Is there anyone who can tell me what that significant lapse is? I am going to travel from US to Bermuda on 12/18/17 for the holiday. Thanks very much for your help.

Administrator

Re: question about entering to Bermuda in xmas holiday, please help!

Donna - Your dog or cat must have had two vaccinations for rabies to enter Bermuda, one after the age of 3 months and the other between 6 and 12 months of the first vaccination. The second vaccination must be given to your pet not less than 30 days and not more than 12 months prior to your arrival in Bermuda. A three year vaccination is accepted as long as it is administered within 12 months of travel.

As your pet's previous vaccination expired, the vaccination on 11/19/17 counts as the first vaccination. The reason why is because the second vaccination must be given within 6 to 12 months of the first vaccination. As the 11/14/17 vaccination was likely given on or before 11/14/16, so this would not qualify as the first vaccination.
    Susan

Thanks Susan, guess I need to leave him in US for the holiday then. So sad...

Administrator

I know it is sad, but can you imagine how we both would feel if he was tagged or quarantine or returned to your origin? It would ruin your visit. One thing we will never do is encourage people to put their pet at risk in a foreign country.
    Susan