Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dogs/Cats in cabin to HAWAII from Mainland USA

Dogs/Cats in cabin to HAWAII from Mainland USA

as of August 2011 ALASKA AIRLINES is the only airline that will allow a small dog or cat to travel to hawaii in the cabin with you. Of course, all the dept of agriculture stuff applies, but this is the only airline that allows this to date (I've called all that fly mainland to HI on this date 9-22-11). 100$ is the price, which happens to be cheaper than any other airline's cargo/checked bag fee for a pet to hawaii. Call them, the service rep was EXTREMELY nice and patient.
    ALASKA AIRLINES for all!
    traveling in Nov with one cat to Honolulu...via Alaska Air...in the cabin...for 100$

Re: Dogs/Cats in cabin to HAWAII from Mainland USA

also, the only "catch" is that the Alaska air employee must transort the pet to the cargo/checked area or the quarantine area upon arrival, not you../but apparently this is no problem

i am so confuse about this, as our family also have the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bluestareyes420 View Post
    as of August 2011 ALASKA AIRLINES is the only airline that will allow a small dog or cat to travel to hawaii in the cabin with you. Of course, all the dept of agriculture stuff applies, but this is the only airline that allows this to date (I've called all that fly mainland to HI on this date 9-22-11). 100$ is the price, which happens to be cheaper than any other airline's cargo/checked bag fee for a pet to hawaii. Call them, the service rep was EXTREMELY nice and patient.
    ALASKA AIRLINES for all!
    traveling in Nov with one cat to Honolulu...via Alaska Air...in the cabin...for 100$
    Though I have never tried it, some vets are able to dispense mild sedatives that can calm an animal while travelling. Might be an idea if the animal is in cabin with you.

Some airlines will actually required you to have such a sedative administered to your pet in order to ensure that they remain calm in the cargo area, I wish they would make special pet cabins for those that wish to travel with their pets. An idea would be that as the flight is being booked pet owners can select an option to travel with their pet and if there are enough pet owners that subscribe to do this they can make a part of the plane blocked off for these customers and their pets and if there is no one that chooses to travel with their pet then they can use this part of the plane for regular travelers instead.

On the contrary, some airlines will not accept a pet if it has been tranquilized. Can impede breathing.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    On the contrary, some airlines will not accept a pet if it has been tranquilized. Can impede breathing.
    Tranquilizers are never a good idea for an animal as it does slow the respiratory system that it can result in a fatal outcome, which in turn can be blamed on the airline. There are some sedatives that will decrease the stress level for the animal, which can ease transport by the baggage carriers.

Looking for others that would like to share a private plane from mainland to Haawaii

I am having trouble finding an airline that will allow my dog to travel with me in June as "check baggage" (not cargo) INTO Hawaii but stay in the cabin with me returning FROM Hawaii. United and Delta allow dogs only in cargo (costs more and requires leaving the dog with the airline longer). American does not seem to have this restriction but will not allow the dog in the cabin on the return which is totally unnecessary. I am in Los Angeles, and flying to Seattle with the dog to get an Alaska flight does not make sense. Any ideas?

In last week I went America with my dog before journey I take permise of United state for journy with his dog so I face not diffcult in America airlines-----------