Thread: Pet travel from korea to istanbul as transit then iran

Pet travel from korea to istanbul as transit then iran

Hello all
    One of my friends will come to Iran from Seoul (south korea) next week but his flight is one stop in Istanbul and also his airline is Turkish and he can carries his puppy in hand to the cabin, i just have a question does anyone know about Istanbul's rules of quarantine? He is worry about it and just wanna be sure he may allow to go to transit with his 4 month old puppy to take another aircraft to Tehran
    Please let me know if you have any experience
    Thank you so much

Administrator

Re: Pet travel from korea to istanbul as transit then iran

As long as the puppy is flying in and out of Istanbul on Turkish Airlines, your friend will stay in the secure area of the terminal and will not enter Turkey or conform to its regulations. Do not clear customs and take the puppy outside. Tell your friend to pack extra pet pads.
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    As long as the puppy is flying in and out of Istanbul on Turkish Airlines, your friend will stay in the secure area of the terminal and will not enter Turkey or conform to its regulations. Do not clear customs and take the puppy outside. Tell your friend to pack extra pet pads.
    Jason
    Thank you dear Jason
    My friend will atop in Istanbul just for about 3 hours amd wont leave the airport as soon as he arrive to Istanbul should go to transit to come to Iran
    We just to know if everything will be ok for his puppy and they let him go with out quarantine

Administrator

That is correct. He should stay in the secure area of the terminal with the puppy.
    Jason