Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to do to get ready to bring a pet traveling by plane?

What to do to get ready to bring a pet traveling by plane?

Does anyone know what Im suppose to do to prepare getting my dog to travel with me he's really tiny, will be over 6 months old by june and already has his shots up to date. Also someone told me i was suppose to leave my dog at the airport for check up at least two weeks is that true? By the way Im trying to get my dog to sit in the cabin with me too.

Re: What to do to get ready to bring a pet traveling by plane?

I am not sure where you are traveling to or from so answering you is difficult. Most airlines will accept very small pets in the cabin of the aircraft in an approved carrier if they have the proper documents. If you are traveling with the pet in cabin you will check in at the ticket counter and pay for the transportation and then go to the gate. If the pet is traveling as checked baggage the procedure is the same however the pet will be taken to the cargo hold of the aircraft. There is no two weeks requirement. it is al done with two hours of flight time.
    Jerry

okay i am pretty sure dogs can not fly with you on the plane internationally. they will have to go on the bottom of the plane in a crate (which you have to buy). your best bet is to call an airline and ask them. i am not sure about quarantine either. i am going to be bringing my dog back from overseas soon too. it is a hastle but well worth it. well good luck!

If he has his shots and a crate. Make sure you have a documentation from the vet with you. Next step is to talk to your airline, right?

aliaswood

Hello friends,I just wanted to ask that is the pets are allowed in the planes and if yes, so the plane companies charge for the pets..And one more thing that the pets are allowed to be with us, or they are placed to some other part of the plane..If you will give me that information then I will be happy..
    Last edited by admin; 04-18-2012 at 10:30 AM. Reason: No linkbacks

Yes, pets are allowed on planes but you have to make sure that you follow all the regulations for the airline you are using down to the letter in order to avoid you pet being quarantined or worse sent back without you. Your best bet is research as much as you can about the regulations for the airline you are using and make sure there is ample time to get the paperwork done and microchip for your pet.

There are many airlines that will accept pets in the cabin within the US. If the flight is longer than 12 hours, then most airlines require the pet to travel in the cargo hold.

Your best first step is to contact the consulate of each country you'll be entering and find out about its pet importation requirements.
    Bret

If you are planning on moving your cats by flying them to your new home, be aware that most airlines will insist you use an IATA (International Air Transport Association) approved carrier to transport your pet. an IATA approved carrier requirements are based on a species needs and animal size.
    Last edited by admin; 06-12-2012 at 07:53 AM. Reason: no link backs

Hello friends,I just wanted to ask that is the pets are allowed in the planes and you are using down to the letter in order to avoid you pet being quarantined or worse sent back without you.i am not sure about quarantine either. i am going to be bringing my dog back from overseas soon too. it is a hastle but well worth it.