Thread: Pet insurance - is it a wise decision?

Pet insurance - is it a wise decision?

According to the Canine Hereditary Cancer Consortium, nearly 50% of dogs over 10 years old become infected with cancer. Treatment can be expensive. If you have a special bond with your pet, wouldn't it make sense to insure their health? The cost is not that unreasonable especially compared to the medical care that many dogs require as they age. How would you feel if you could not afford your pet's treatment? Is the answer to put the pet down?

You should take pet insurance when ever you travel it is necessary. I always take pet insurance when ever i travel and always take pet friendly accommodation where I stay!

How much is pet insurance and what exactly would it cover? For instance if you dog had a tumor removed and the bill was $1800, then what would the insurance cover? I've never really thought about pet insurance because I always assumed it was similar to dental insurance in that the cap is pretty low and there's little savings between someone who has insurance for their pet and one who doesn't.

Great question, Bella. One can obtain pet insurance for as little as $8-10 month, but the cost will be dependent on the age of the pet. Policies will vary greatly on what is covered and how they process claims, so it is important to choose an established company with a good track record. With the cost of veterinary service sky rocketing, partly because of new medical treatment and equipment now available, insuring one's pet makes sense. Every 6 seconds a pet owner is faced with a vet bill over $1,000 and many conditions may cost much more. Treating a pet for arthritis can be over $8,000, while renal failure could be over $10,000.

What part of a bill would be covered? Again, it depends on the plan. Insurers may have plans with no, low or high deductibles depending on the plan that you choose, and may have exclusions for congenital or hereditary conditions. Pets of certain ages may not be covered at all. Petplan US offers plans that cover chronic, congenital or hereditary conditions, injuries and illnesses for the life of your pet. Go to [url]http://www.pettravel.com/pet-insurance.cfm[/url] to learn more. Which ever company you choose to go with, make sure that you review not only the cost, but the exclusions, waiting periords, age restrictions, etc. before you make your decision.

Re: Pet insurance - is it a wise decision?

Animal lovers have been turning to pet health insurance coverage - that works almost like human medical insurance - to assist them to pay for the cost of the regular and emergency veterinary services that can come up. A variety of pet insurance organizations offer a number of policies that differ based on limitations, services covered and monthly fees. Pet owners find that such insurance packages help them deal with not only emergency animal hospital cots that may involve surgeries, lab fees and prolonged treatment, but also cover the cost of standard checkups and pet health services.

For people who have had to make difficult decisions with regard to the cost of of pet care, pet coverage gives a valuable shield against the stress of not having the immediate funds to get help for your pet, particularly when going to an emergency animal hospital. Depending on the type of policy you choose, you can as well have coverage for annual visits, dental care, boarding and grooming. VPI insurance is a popular pet insurance company and reports to be endorsed by 9 out of 10 vets. The other company that is providing coverage in this field is Pets' Best Insurance, which offers their customers 80% of the costs on every vet bill after the deductible has been satisfied.

Vet bills for the average lifespan of a pet may run in the neighborhood $2000 in $6000, but emergency treatment can boost this number into the well over ten thousand dollars. One of the reasons is because many of the procedures used for human care, such as transplants, transfusions and radiation therapy, are also available to vets to diagnose and care for their patients. Since they cost same amount to perform on an animal as on a person, you may expect the same expenses if these types of therapies are used. Of course, they are just as effective on pets as people, so a lot of people wish to have the option of providing these services for their adored pets.

Many pet insurance policies cover extended hospital stays, emergency treatment, lab fees, x-ray work and prescription medicines. A lot of insurance plans will expand coverage to your pets throughout the world, no matter which vet you choose and irrespective of whether they have enrolled with that company or not. The Normal pet insurance deductible costs about fifty dollars yearly, therefore it just has to be paid once before the policy kicks in.

It is a wise and rational decision to have inshurance of your pets.Specially specially when you have a very expensive pet.I have American breed bull dog and i have been got inshurance for last 4 years.
    Joseph Stien

I have Pet Assure which gives me 25% off any medical service at the vet. It was one of the wisest decisions I made because it's cheap and saved me tons of money already. I know that if something really bad happens to my pet, I'll probably be able to afford the vet bill.

Hi, Buying a pet insurance is a wise decision. Veterinary insurance is the most important part of any pet insurance. I have pet insurance which gives cover for medical emergencies and even it covers all my vet bills. So I can stay stress free from the burden of high veterinary bills. My pet insurance gives cover for the loss and theft of my pet.

Hi, I really think that it is very important to have a pet insurance to help the owner in some way during difficult times. This will relieve their burden of expenses when it comes to the welfare and health needs of their pet.