Thread: pet travel on Airtran Airlines

pet travel on Airtran Airlines

Hi,
    I will be flying with my pet for the first time on June 22nd. I am taking her in the cabin and the dimensions of the pet carrier posted on the site is really hard to find. My dog is about 11-12 lbs and I was wondering if anyone has flown with this size pet on this airline and what kind of carrier was used and what kind of seat was best for pet storage. Thanks so much! kind of stressing about this after hearing horror stories!

Hello,

AirTran Airways accepts small, domesticated cats, dogs and birds that will fit in an approved carrier under the seat in front of you. The pet fee is $69.00 each way. Only three pets are allowed per flight, so advance reservations must be made when bringing a pet onboard an AirTran Airways flight.

Pet carriers are limited to maximum dimensions of 17" long x 12" wide x 8.5" high. Carriers exceeding these dimensions will not fit onboard AirTran's aircraft. The carrier must be leak-proof and ventilated on at least two sides. Your pet must remain in the carrier and under the seat for the duration of the flight.

Thanks so much for your information

Re: pet travel on Airtran Airlines

I'm traveling with my cat on AirTran Airways and need to find a pet carrier that fits their maximum dimensions (8.5" height x 17" long x 12" wide). The bag needs to be soft as the cat is going underneath the seat. The bags that fit these dimensions I found can't support his weight (13 lbs). Do you know of any? Thank you for your help!

Hello Vaughan,

You might want to check out the Large Sturdibag Pet Carrier. It can hold pets up to 30 lbs. and is very durable. The dimensions for the bag are 18" x 12" x 12" but what makes this bag so great is its flexibility. The bag is made to "squish" down and make the 8.5" height requirement. For more information click this link:
    http://www.pettravelstore.com/pet-carrier-sturdibag/

Quote Originally Posted by michel97moreno View Post
    I go with my chihuahua.......these airlines are really good...and we dont have to leave our pet at homes...Great!!
    Yeah, they're good. I had my vacation with my cat. Having a good time travelling

I wanted to know if anyone has actually travelled using the large sturdibag on AirTran, and if there weren't any difficulties upon boarding and/or checking in due to the size. I'm travelling from Mexico City to San Antonio, with a Shiba Inu puppy, which still fits in it, and can stand up, without bumping its head.

We have heard of no problems with people traveling with the large SturdiBag. We have been selling it for 7 years.
    Susan

Thank you for all the information I learned here in your community. I'm so glad that I joined here because I learned a lot of important things need to consider when travelling with our pets.
    Last edited by admin; 06-02-2014 at 09:41 PM. Reason: *****tional