Thread: Pet Friendly Disney World: A review of Best Friends Pet Resort in Orlando Florida

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Pet Friendly Disney World: A review of Best Friends Pet Resort in Orlando Florida

Welcome pets of all shapes and sizes. Disney World has an attraction exclusively for you! Best Friends Pet Resort located inside Orlando Florida’s Disney World boasts a 50,000 square foot facility smack dab in the middle of theme parks and hotels. On a recent trip to Orlando, I got a chance to see this “mega pet resort” first hand and ask questions to their pet-friendly employees.

It was easy to see that this pet facility was built with Disney’s extravagant appearance in mind. The outside of the facility is covered in green artificial grass, an oversized fire hydrant and doggy bone, and mesh gating so on-lookers could easily view what activities the dogs were getting into. Inside the facility you will find the gift shop, the resort front desk, and plenty of paw-shaped windows to peak in at animal activities. It was apparent that the employees were not trying to hide pets. All of the resorts play facilities were easily accessible for pet owners to watch their pets run and play.

The main attraction at Best Friends Pet Resort must be the outside play area which includes 4,500 square feet of ball chasing, tail wagging and Frisbee throwing fun topped off with a water jet system exclusively for pups. The best part? All of these amenities conveniently surround the lobby for easy accessibility.

The lodging was setup in three different sections. One section was for dogs (which had standard suites and luxury suites), a kitty corner, and a small section for pocket-sized pets. A cool feature included with both dog suites is patio access. Patio access is usually (weather permitting) unlimited and if your pooch got the luxury suite, it’s private. The “kitty city” was wisely constructed in a separate wing of the facility far away from the sights and sounds of the dogs. Up to 24 kitties can room in either two room or four room condos and have no problems seeing Disney through the large individual windows they are provided. The pocket pet section was relatively small, but gave a climate controlled “safe-haven” for hamsters, guinea pigs, and other smaller pets. Unfortunately, they do not accommodate for venomous snakes or primates of any kind.

The drop-off and pickup process was a breeze and the resort staff was very friendly and responsible when handling the pets. At the end of the trip guests are provided with a “report card” explaining what activities your pet engaged in and how their time was spent at the resort. When the vacation was over and we went to pick up our pup, I was pleasantly surprised to find him asleep the entire 3 hour car ride home. A job well done Best Friends.

Re: Pet Friendly Disney World: A review of Best Friends Pet Resort in Orlando Florida

I think, Both are best friend, A job well done Best Friends
    Tirupati Balaji Travels

Re: Pet Friendly Disney World: A review of Best Friends Pet Resort in Orlando Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Campbell View Post
    Welcome pets of all shapes and sizes. Disney World has an attraction exclusively for you! Best Friends Pet Resort located inside Orlando Florida’s Disney World boasts a 50,000 square foot facility smack dab in the middle of theme parks and hotels. On a recent trip to Orlando, I got a chance to see this “mega pet resort” first hand and ask questions to their pet-friendly employees.

It was easy to see that this pet facility was built with Disney’s extravagant appearance in mind. The outside of the facility is covered in green artificial grass, an oversized fire hydrant and doggy bone, and mesh gating so on-lookers could easily view what activities the dogs were getting into. Inside the facility you will find the gift shop, the resort front desk, and plenty of paw-shaped windows to peak in at animal activities. It was apparent that the employees were not trying to hide pets. All of the resorts play facilities were easily accessible for pet owners to watch their pets run and play.

The main attraction at Best Friends Pet Resort must be the outside play area which includes 4,500 square feet of ball chasing, tail wagging and Frisbee throwing fun topped off with a water jet system exclusively for pups. The best part? All of these amenities conveniently surround the lobby for easy accessibility.

The lodging was setup in three different sections. One section was for dogs (which had standard suites and luxury suites), a kitty corner, and a small section for pocket-sized pets. A cool feature included with both dog suites is patio access. Patio access is usually (weather permitting) unlimited and if your pooch got the luxury suite, it’s private. The “kitty city” was wisely constructed in a separate wing of the facility far away from the sights and sounds of the dogs. Up to 24 kitties can room in either two room or four room condos and have no problems seeing Disney through the large individual windows they are provided. The pocket pet section was relatively small, but gave a climate controlled “safe-haven” for hamsters, guinea pigs, and other smaller pets. Unfortunately, they do not accommodate for venomous snakes or primates of any kind.

The drop-off and pickup process was a breeze and the resort staff was very friendly and responsible when handling the pets. At the end of the trip guests are provided with a “report card” explaining what activities your pet engaged in and how their time was spent at the resort. When the vacation was over and we went to pick up our pup, I was pleasantly surprised to find him asleep the entire 3 hour car ride home. A job well done Best Friends.

This is so awesome. We are taking the kids to Disney for a week next month and now can take our other kids I was nervous about leaving them with someone else. I wonder how much it is. I will call and check and update anyone that see this thread. This place looks cool. I wonder if I can stay there.

Does it come with the extravagant price tag like Disney? I guess if you're going go all out, right? We have a Cavalier King Charles and Australian Shepard. So one needs tons of lap time and the other needs to run. Do they accommodate?

The price tag wasn't cheap, but it was reasonable. Yes, they can accommodate any type of dog. All dogs were very friendly and played well together. We would highly recommend them.

Thanks!! We'll definitely check it out. May be more fun than Disney.

Our Cavalier, Daphne is very friendly so I know she won't be any problem but I'm worried about our Aussie, she's scidish

Thanks!!

I have a Frenchie and she is pretty finicky but I can't find any thing that looks more glamorous than this. I will keep you updated.

hello.....

I think, Both are best buddy, A job well done Best Buddies you are the best..