Thread: Transporting Staffordshire Bull Terrier from NYC to LA

Angry Transporting Staffordshire Bull Terrier from NYC to LA

Oh my GOSH! I REALLY need some help here! We've adopted the most loving, sweetest boy named Buddha from his foster family. He's a 55-60 lb Staffy and we're moving from NYC to Cali where he will not doubt have an awesome life alongside our houndog and his new BF Lola. We can't drive them both XC because they just dont both fit in our car (we have a Prius). We've literally been looking for over a month to try to find him a flight from NYC to LA and it's proven nearly impossible

Someone please help. A large part of the issue is that many airlines have restrictions on snub-nosed breeds, and some just out and out discriminate against any breed they consider a "pitbull".

Does anyone have any idea how we can get him to California?! Leaving him is NOT an option. He's already part of the family.

HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Re: Transporting Staffordshire Bull Terrier from NYC to LA

Frontier will fly your pet, but not if it is flying unaccompanied. They have a flight out of LaGuardia through Denver to LA. Can someone accompany your puppy?

I am in the same predicament, needing to fly my pitbull from New York to California, and I am wondering if there are any airlines that will fly my pup even if he is unaccompanied. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

It is difficult to find an airline that will fly a pitbull in the heat of the summer. If you can wait until the temperatures cool, United may be an option if the airline serves your route.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    It is difficult to find an airline that will fly a pitbull in the heat of the summer. If you can wait until the temperatures cool, United may be an option if the airline serves your route.
    Thanks for your response.