Thread: hi everyone! i'm new to this area!

hi everyone! i'm new to this area!

Hi, I'm Tiffany,
    I'm a student taking Master degree in Industrial Design.
    Now I'm currently doing a school project, it's about animal care,

I'm a pet person, i love see those little fluffy playing around.
    And that's why i choose animal care as my thesis.

One of my directions is about travel with pets

So here i' m wondering if you could share your experience that travel with your pets?

-What kind of pet do you have?
    -What kind of trip you usually take them with you? ( Road trip/ Urban trip?)
    -How many times you have travel with your pet? If it's the first time, how do you prepare?
    -the reason that you bring your pet with you
    -Is there any problem occur during your travel?
    -What pet products you usually bring with you while traveling? Do you have personal preference pet products during travel? Or you have use some products that isnít work well?

and i'm wondering if there's anyone that ever bring their cat, bird, lizard, bunny, or any exotic animal on trip? is there any different reason that you bring them with you?

and please if you have any new thought, anything! please share with me!!

Thank you for the help, appreciate your patient.

Re: hi everyone! i'm new to this area!

Hi Tiffany - I have 2 shelter dogs (at the present time - I have had 3 or 4 in the past). Because both of them have been through traumatic experiences, I travel with them by car. We travel about 5-6 times per year. They both travel great in the car. We do restrain them for safety. I always bring strong leashes and make sure they have their identification tags on their collars. I also bring a portable water dish and some treats for good behavior. I have traveled with a bird. Of course it was in its cage which was restrained in a seat belt. I had a towel around the sides but not the front so I could see it and it could see me. Lots of chatter. I have not had a problem traveling with my pets, but I would always suggest preparation. Keep your pets to yourself when traveling in public places and always keep them leashed.

Re: hi everyone! i'm new to this area!

I am new to this so also would want to ask the following:
    -What kind of pet do you have?
    -What kind of trip you usually take them with you? ( Road trip/ Urban trip?)
    -How many times you have travel with your pet? If it's the first time, how do you prepare?
    -the reason that you bring your pet with you
    -Is there any problem occur during your travel?
    All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.
    Havelock Ellis