Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Southern California Dog Beaches

Southern California Dog Beaches

If you dream of a day at the beach with your dog. Southern California is the place to come to. I live in Long Beach, CA and it is a very pet friendly city. We have dog/pet events of all kinds throughout the year and a great dog beach through an local organization called Haute Dogs.

Are you able to take your dogs on the beaches in Southern California?

There are lots of pet friendly beaches in California. One of few off-leash dog beaches in Southern California. No services, benches, or water but a nice piece of beach. Please be responsible. There is also a Caspar Beach. Located in Mendocino County approximately 4 miles north of the town of Mendocino across from the Casper Beach RV Park. Dogs on a leash are allowed on the beach.

Re: Southern California Dog Beaches

I lived in southern California a few years ago, and I would take my dog Kipper to the dog beach just north of Huntington Beach. Unless things have changed, that is a great spot.

hi everyone....I like the post a lot ...I just want to know something..actually I am planning a holiday with my family including my pet dog....Can somebody please suggest me some places where i can visit and i also want to know about the things which i should'nt forget while visiting...
    Last edited by Campbell; 03-02-2011 at 12:39 PM. Reason: no linkbacks please

I have been there and that is a good place to your loving dog and to you. I came across this report today - http://www.fastmr.com/prod/320172_budget_travel_briefing.aspx.
    I'm not familiar the publisher, but it looks pretty focused. Anybody here know the company?

California is very dog friendly with lots of beaches and tons of parks. I'm starting to feel guilty, I need to take my dogs to the beach or park again soon. It has been awhile.

Hello we are moving to the Silicon Valley CA from Philadelphia PA. I am very concerned about the safety of my pets if the fly. I have a large breed female Akita who is currently (86 lbs) she has a little more growing to to but not much. She is well trained and does well with people and the car. I also have a male cat. Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated. I would love to hear from you that has flown with a large breed dog.
    jimmy

Your cat may be able to travel with you in the cabin if you choose an airline that allows it. Your Akita will need to travel in cargo and you will need to select an airline that serves your entire route as airlines do not interline pets. You will need to measure your Akita and get a crate as soon as possible so you can acclimate your pet to the carrier. This article gives a nice outline of how to prepare your pet for travel: http://www.pettravel.com/news_pet_travel_airline_cargo.cfm.
    Susan

what are the necessary things that i should consider if i want to travel with my dog there, are there any specific vaccines for that.