Viking Line Ferries Pet Policy
Viking Line Ferries Pet Policy
For forms, instructions and information for taking a pet aboard a Viking Line Ferry, Viking Line Ferries Pet Policies
- Helsinki, Finland - Mariehamn, Finland - Stockholm, Sweden
- Turku, Finland - Mariehamn, Finland - Stockholm, Swedend
- Stockholm, Sweden - Mariehamn, Finland
- Mariehamn, Finland - Kapellskar, Sweden
- Helsinki , Finland- Talinn, Estonia
Viking Line accepts the carriage of pet animals. The pet is charged as an additional passenger at an additional charge that is currently $11.00 each way. Service animals are transported at no charge.
Onboard the pets are requested to remain on open decks if the weather is favorable. Cats and dogs may stay in cabins (not on the beds) if their owner has reserved the whole cabin for himself. Bringing dangerous animals on board is prohibited.
Dogs on board: We ask all dog owners to kindly observe that the responsibility for dogs rests with their owner and that dogs must always be controlled on a leash when outside your cabin. Dogs may be walked only on the outer deck, and even then they must always be controlled on a leash. In cases where there may be a risk of erratic behavior by the dog, a muzzle should be used on the animal while it is in the vicinity of other passengers.
Doors to the car deck are locked immediately after the departure of the ship, and they are opened again as the vessel arrives to the harbor. Visiting the car deck under passage is not allowed except in case of emergency with a permission of the captain. We do not recommend leaving pets in the cars during transportation. In case the owner of a pet chooses to leave it in the car, he does it with his own responsibility.
VIKING LINE FERRIES PET POLICY HELPFUL TIPS - TRAVELING WITH A PET ON A CRUISE SHIP OR A
FERRY HEALTH CERTIFICATE
A certificate of good health is required indicating that the pet is healthy enough for travel, is free of diseases communicable to humans and has been properly vaccinated. We have helpful forms, instructions and information for taking a pet aboard Viking Line Ferries
In many cases, your destination will be another country on the ferry or cruise line, and it will be necessary that you have the proper documents to enter that country with your pet. Most countries have their own version of a veterinary certificate, sometimes called a Zoo Sanitary Certificate. In addition, some countries require an important permit.
COLD WEATHER RESTRICTIONS
When the weather is very cold the Ferry Line may not be able to accommodate your pet in one of the pet crates located on the deck of the ship.
TRANSPORTING YOUR PET ABOARD SHIP
Each cruise and ferry line has different rules regarding the method of transporting pets aboard the ship.
If the ferry line allows you to transport the pet in your own automobile or in your own pet crate, you will need to have a suitable pet crate. The pet crate must meet certain standards of quality and construction in order to be taken aboard ship.
To learn more about compliant pet crates, visit our Passports Container Requirements
Make sure you find the best size crate for your pet
MORE TIPS FOR PET CRUISE SHIP AND FERRY TRAVEL
1. Never give your pet a medical (prescription) sedative prior to traveling on a ferry or cruise ship. If you have a hyper or nervous pet, then give it a natural relaxing agent such as HAPPY TRAVELER.
2. Always purchase your pet carrier well in advance of your trip so that the pet can get used to it.
3. Be sure to tell the cruise or ferry line you will be traveling with a pet as they impose restrictions on the number of pets on a specific sailing.
4. Even though sea travel may be stressful both you and your pet, both of you will be happier if your pet gets to travel with you on your trip.
Don't forget to get your forms, instructions and information for taking a pet aboard Viking Line Ferries