P&O Irish Sea Ferries Pet Policies
P&O Irish Sea Ferries
For forms, instructions and information for taking a pet aboard a P&O Irish Sea Ferry, P&O Irish Sea Ferries Pet Policies
- Larne Ireland to Cairnryan, Scotland
- Larne, Ireland to Troon, Scotland
- Troon, Scotland to Larne, Ireland
- Dublin, Ireland to Liverpool, England - NO PETS
- Liverpool, England to Dublin, Ireland - NO PETS
- Cairnryan, Scotland to Larne, Ireland
P & O Irish Sea Ferries accepts the carriage of pet animals, at no charge while traveling in the owners car.
Pets are not allowed on the Liverpool-Dublin-Liverpool route without special permission except for guide dogs which are permitted.
Unaccompanied pets are not allowed.
Foot passengers may not take pets aboard ship without special permission - a tariff will be charged.
P & O normally allows pets to travel in the owners car at not
charge but may make a charge of &15 each way for each pet
traveling onboard, with the exception of registered guide and
hearing dogs, which are carried free of charge.
P&O IRISH SEA FERRIES HELPFUL TIPS - TRAVELING WITH A PET ON A CRUISE SHIP OR A
FERRY HEALTH CERTIFICATE
A certificate of good health is required indicating that the pet is healthy enough for travel, is free of diseases communicable to humans and has been properly vaccinated. We have helpful forms, instructions and information for taking a pet aboard P&O Irish Sea Ferries Pet Policies
In many cases, your destination will be another country on the ferry or cruise line, and it will be necessary that you have the proper documents to enter that country with your pet. Most countries have their own version of a veterinary certificate, sometimes called a Zoo Sanitary Certificate. In addition, some countries require an important permit.
COLD WEATHER RESTRICTIONS
When the weather is very cold the Ferry Line may not be able to accommodate your pet in one of the pet crates located on the deck of the ship.
TRANSPORTING YOUR PET ABOARD SHIP
Each cruise and ferry line has different rules regarding the method of transporting pets aboard the ship.
If the ferry line allows you to transport the pet in your own automobile or in your own pet crate, you will need to have a suitable pet crate. The pet crate must meet certain standards of quality and construction in order to be taken aboard ship.
To learn more about compliant pet crates, visit our Passports Container Requirements
Make sure you find the best size crate for your pet
MORE TIPS FOR PET CRUISE SHIP AND FERRY TRAVEL
1. Never give your pet a medical (prescription) sedative prior to traveling on a ferry or cruise ship. If you have a hyper or nervous pet, then give it a natural relaxing agent such as HAPPY TRAVELER.
2. Always purchase your pet carrier well in advance of your trip so that the pet can get used to it.
3. Be sure to tell the cruise or ferry line you will be traveling with a pet as they impose restrictions on the number of pets on a specific sailing.
4. Even though sea travel may be stressful both you and your pet, both of you will be happier if your pet gets to travel with you on your trip.
Don't forget to get your forms, instructions and information for taking a pet aboard P&O Irish Sea Ferries